Chapter 1: Encounter (Rewritten)

Start from the beginning

"We're in Tokyo, and the current year is 2009. And before you ask, yes, humanity is still at war with the Sirens. We were sent fifty years back to the past. And Ayane knows that we're kansens, so don't be surprised if she talks about us being different." Missouri explained.

"I see." He looked down in thought, completely ignoring the fact that New Jersey and Wisconsin had been tugging his arm like he's some sort of a rope used in a tug of war for a while now. "Anyways, how long was I asleep?"

"Five days." Iowa stated.

"So, what are we gonna do now?" He said.

Iowa shrugged. "I don't know, maybe helping on some errands around the house maybe?"

(Y/n) nodded, pulling his hand away from New Jersey and Wisconsin, much to their dismay. He stood up and stretched his arms. "Good idea. I was looking for some good exercise."

"Now hold on, take a rest for now." Wisconsin protested.

"She's right, you know? We've been figting waves after waves of Sirens back in B7R." New Jersey added.

"Sitting around and doing nothing? Nah, not my thing." (Y/n) walked out of the room, leaving the four alone.

"Jeez. He's still stubborn as ever." Iowa sighed.

"What can I say? He's been like that ever since we met him." Missouri said.

---

On the backyard of Ayane's house, the sound of a wood being split in half resonated. The cause was no other than (Y/n) himself, chopping wood using the axe he found on the storage cabinet.

Of course, New Jersey was there, drooling and watching as he unintentionally flexed his muscles with each swing of the axe.

'Ah, what a feast in the eyes~' New Jersey said in her thoughts.

"(Y/n)-san? Can I ask you a favor?" Ayane walked towards him, holding a piece of paper, trying to suppress the blush that was creeping on her face.

"Sure." He instantly accepted. "What is it?"

"Could you buy these things for me?" Ayane opened the piece of paper - and to his and New Jersey's shock, the length of the paper was so long that it touched the ground. Noticing his expression, the brown-haired girl frowned. "I-It's okay if you don't want to... I can do it by myse-"

"No, I'll buy it. You took us all in, so that's the least I could do." (Y/n) smiled at her.

"R-Really?"

"Yep."

"Oh! I'll come, too!" New Jersey perked up.

"Alright, let me go change for a bit." He said.

After changing clothes, the two bid their goodbyes at the rest of the girls. Ayane gave them the amount needed for the things to buy, which made them wonder on how much money she held.

Upon reaching the market, New Jersey teared the lower half of the list and went to the separate direction. (Y/n) continued on his way, with the upper half on his grasp.

As for the market itself, it was quite nice. People were peacefully buying things from shops, chatting with each other, etc.

"Let's see... I need some fruits, vegetables, meat, and repair tools for the roof..." (Y/n) mumbled under his breath, carefully memorizing each one of the products on the list.

And so, (Y/n) began his shopping spree. Coming across many stores, he managed to buy the things needed one by one. By the time he finished, he was already holding a ton of groceries, which made him thankful that New Jersey took the other half.