"You fall in love pretty easy, y'know." She grew more and more on edge. It felt like a punch in the face to know he was crushing on someone, but she wasn't sure why. Shouldn't she be happy for him? They're best friends!

But...

She felt like she had been punched in the heart repeatedly. It was so sore thinking about Eddie being all lovey dovey with another girl. How gross that thought was.

"I...I feel like...it would work out well..." Eddie bit his tongue as he roughly scribbles out the grave sketch and starts doodling (Y/n)'s name. "But...it's not like I love her...I...I think I have a pretty good idea what that feels like..."

"Hm. Like what? A brick on your chest?" (Y/n) grumbled about the feeling she felt now.

"More like...a fuzzy feeling...a warm feeling..." Eddie grinned before letting out a dreamy sigh. (Y/n) thought he was thinking about that sacrifice, but little did she know, he was thinking about her. "Anyways though! After we get her resume, I'll start working on the grave! We also have to tend to the other headstones and replace the flowers..."

(Y/n) stood up and marched over towards Eddie, wrapping her arms around his shoulders from behind. He quickly hides the paper with her name doodled all over it, letting out a nervous chuckle. "No break today? You even work on the weekends..."

"Cause it's fun!"

(Y/n) released him and began to play with his hair, which made him tense up and blush heavily. She immediately started to move his hair upwards, trying to get the tuffs of ginger to look like cat ears. "Can we please take a break today? Pleaseeeee?"

"And do what? M-My floor is filled with graves, so...there's not really anything else to do." Eddie blushed heavier, wiggling his feet under the chair while feeling her stroke his hair.

"You can be a kitty!"

"...Wha-?"

She grabs his arm and lifts him off his chair, leading him to the mirror and showing him his "kitty ears." He furrowed his eyebrows while staring at it, giving her a sarcastic laugh. "Haha, very funny."

"Ehehe, you're so cute! Meowwww~!"

"Meowwww..." (Y/n) lets out a sweet laughter, which rang in Eddie's ears like a pretty lullaby. He smiled as well, not being as annoyed at before. "So...what do you want to do today?"

"Just hang out! We haven't for awhile!" (Y/n) gushed, holding her hands together with her eyes sparkling like gems. "We can do anything, really! I just feel...like something bad is going to happen soon...and it's worrying me."

Eddie fixes his hair while listening to her, raising an eyebrow when hearing that. "Something bad?"

(Y/n) shrugged. "After what happened with Toby, I can't help it."

"Toby, huh? Jeez, I'm still really confused about that...I can't remember anything about him..."

(Y/n) sighed while nodding. "I figured you would say that..." She remembered the day after everything had happened, Eddie was super tired and barely wanted to get out of bed. He had no recollection of the incident, only remembering that (Y/n) made a promise with him and on forward.  She suspected Gray had something to do with this, but never had the chance to ask him.

"Sorry...did I make you upset? You went quiet..."

"No!" (Y/n) blurted, frantically waving her hands around. She knew Eddie was anxious about disappointing her. "Sorry, I was counting your freckles!"

"M-My...huh?!"

(Y/n) sat him down on the bed, grabbing his cheek and beginning to count. "One, two, three, four..."