narrative

i got back to the sway house after hanging out with jules and everyone else, it was great to see her and hanging out with her was amazing.

vinnie really missed me, when i walked inside he was already standing by the door waiting for me to come in, i don't know where this separation anxiety came from but it's nice to feel wanted. he gave me a quick but passionate kiss as he took my purse and hung it up on a hook next to the door, he then grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the couch.

avani and nailea didn't come back with me, both of them had some work to do for different companies, it was just me and vinnie alone on the couch. he pulled me onto his lap as i buried my head into the crook of his neck, we tangled our legs together as he slowly rubbed his thumb against my thigh. "i missed you" he said while kissing my neck once.

i grinned and nudged my head closer to his neck, "i missed you too" i responded. we sat there in silence, taking in each other's company before the calmness would be ruined by everyone coming home. blaire and erin are coming over for dinner tonight, both vinnie and avani are okay with it. blaire has honestly been being nice, she never flirts with vinnie anymore and she hasn't been rude to me. it's been nice having my kind best friend back.

"did you see the comment i liked on my spam?" vinnie asked randomly, i furrowed my eyebrows and glanced at him, "no, i don't check your comments to see which ones you liked. why?" i asked confusingly. he sighed and patted my thigh before moving his arm to wrap around my waist, "it said 'he's so in love'" he told me, my eyes widen. "and you liked it?" i obviously knew the answer, it just sounds crazy.

"yeah, people might think it's too early since all we did was fight at the beginning of our relationship. but i do really like you, i think i love you" he answered. i felt my cheeks grow red as i placed both my hands on each side of his face, i pulled him closer to me and kissed him gently. "i think i love you too" i responded as we separated slowly.

he frowned slightly, "you think?" i smiled and shook my head, "you only said you think so i did too" i said. vinnie chuckled and shook his head also, "i do, i do love you" he repeated what he said but more confidently.

never did i think vinnie hacker would fall in love with me.

"are you serious?" i asked, holding both sides of his face as my eyes darted between his. "yes carmen, i wouldn't lie about that" he told. i smiled brightly and kissed him all over his face, his forehead, his cheeks, his nose and finally his lips. "i love you too, vinnie"

a/n
short filler chapter since vinnie and carmen rarely ever touch each other🤨🤨