narrative & imessages

i thought about getting a job so that i could save up to go back to california, tik tok doesn't pay me much so i actually need it.

i really liked LA more than my home in gerogia, it was way more fun and was always busier then here. also i have a lot more friends there.

vinnie and i started talking again a lot more, only friendly though which i think is good for us. of course i still like him a lot because i did have the longest crush on him but, being his friend is also great and it forces us to get closer before we can try anything relationship like again.

i also thought about driving to LA but that would take close to two days and i don't think i'd be able to last that long in a car by myself. i'd bring blaire and erin but we still were all on weird terms, we all apologized for our stupid arguments but it all still seemed a bit off.

i talked to avani and she said she also missed me very much and she offered to pay for another plane ticket but i told her i didn't want her to because she already bought my first ticket.

when i told vinnie that avani offered to buy my ticket he got mad that i said no but thankfully he was only joking around. i told him i'd definitely make sure to get back to LA by the end of the month.

when i told my dad i needed to save up money he said that i could come on one of his business trips with him, at first i didn't want to sense it was far away from home but then i thought it would also be like a vacation.

so, my father and i were leaving for florida later today for a business conference he had. we were gonna stay in a hotel for the weekend and i was going to be like his assistant which would earn me some money.

"carmen, we have to leave in 15 minutes!" my dad shouted from downstairs as i heard him coming in and out of the front door, "okay, i'll be down in a minute!" i shouted back before grabbing my two luggage bags and jogging down the stairs.

i have never been on a business trip with my dad mainly because it was for his work and i never needed to go, but now i did. hopefully enough money from this weekend could pay to get me to LA with some of the saved up i already had.

"i'm ready" i panted being out of breath from running down the stairs, "okay, go throw your bags in the trunk i'll be out in a minute" my dad told me as he walked away while rolling his dress shirt sleeves up.

i quickly walked out the door and placed my bags in the trunk before going to sit in the passengers seat, i played music while i waited for my dad to come back outside and get in the car.

a few minutes later he came out the door and got in the drivers seat, then began to drive to the airport. i told vinnie and avani where i was going and they both got jealous that i was going on a "vacation" they also said they would come down to florida but i told them it was only to help with my dads work.

once we arrived at the airport, we got through security surprisingly quick so we still had a few minutes at our terminal before the plane boarded.

Default Name
vinnie
avani🤍

carmen
HI

vinnie
why am i in a groupchat with just
you and avani
should i be scared

avani🤍
yes be scared
kidding
idk why i'm here either

carmen
it's because
its hard to talk to both of you in
two different chats 😕💔
so i made one with both of you!

vinnie
don't you have other friends 🙄🙄

carmen
yeah you're right
i'll go text blaire 😍😍

avani🤍
LMAOO

vinnie
PLS
no.

carmen
yea yea thats what i thought

avani🤍
add nailea
i love her

carmen
RIGHT
she's the cutest

vinnie
no me

avani🤍
you wish

carmen
lets replace vinnie with nai🥺👐

avani🤍
I AGREE

vinnie
NO PLEASE!!

carmen
just your luck
my plane number just got called
ttyl bye

vinnie
WHAT
okay bye 😂😂🖕

avani🤍
BYE ILY BE SAFE

i smiled at the two texts then stood up and put my phone in my back pocket. my two bags were small enough to be carry on so i picked them up and stood behind my dad in line to get onto the plane. i never liked plane rides but i think this one would be fine.

a/n:
TWO CHAPTERS BC I FEEL BAD FOR NEVER POSTING