Chapter 4

It was the next day and my sister was in the kitchen eating some cereal. I sneaked up behind her and held a big ball of cash right in front o her face. Her eyes went wide.
"Where did you get all of that?"
"From...work."
"What did you get a raise?"
"Sure let's say that."
"Well keep it safe. We could finally pay our rent and not get kicked out. Anyway I'm going to work."
"No you're not cause your days serving coffee are over."
"What do you mean."
I handed her the wad of cash.
"Have a great time at Berkeley sis."
Her eyes went open and she started tearing up.
"Thank you thank you thank you..oh my god I'm actually going to Berkeley."
My mom came down to the kitchen.
"What's all the ruckus in here?"
My sister held the cash in front of our mom's face. My mom was shocked.
"Where did you get all of that money?"
"Y/n gave it to me for tuition at Berkeley. I don't have to work at the coffee house anymore."
"Are you sure it's enough?" My mom asked.
"Yes with the money I saved and y/N's money I have like 30 or 20 grand. I'M GOING TO BERKELEY!!"
"Congratulations I'm so proud of you." My mom said happily.
My sister exited the kitchen to go to her room.
"Mind telling me how you really got that money?" My mom said with curiosity.
I started to get really anxious.
"What do you mean, I worked at the restaurant and saved up." I said nervously.
"Y/n you work at a restaurant that pays little by the hour and somehow you "magically" managed to save up about 9 or 10 grand?"
I could've hardly swallowed and I felt sick. I mean what would she even think if I was stripping.
"Mom don't worry about it. I just.....got..a second job."
"What kind of job?"
"I'm working at another restaurant."
"Really?Where?"
"Another restaurant down town...no where near this area so don't bother trying to find it."
"Okay I guess but y/n I just want you to know you don't have to keep secrets from me. No matter what or who you are I trust you."
I felt relieved at what she said but I didn't want to say anything yet.
I got dressed and went to the restaurant and I saw Kara. When I got there she looked at me with a surprise face and pulled me to the side.
"Camille told me everything last night. You got ate out by a mafia boss?"
"I didn't know he was my boss or a mafia boss. I thought he was just a stranger who wanted a little spice like everyone else at the club."
"Well can't really get mad at that but what does he look like since nobody even my cousin hasn't seen what he looked like."
"He has Marron hair and eyes and he is about 5'10."
"And he's rich nice."
"I don't care I he is rich okay I don't like a guy for what he has. I mean take a look at David, he has big house, money but yet he cheated on you. Money isn't everything."
"I know and please let's not bring up David right now."
"Fine."
We served meals during the day when we had a surprise by someone.
"Y/n!"
"Yh."
"What did you say your boss looked like again?"
"Marrooned hair and eyes and about 5'10."
"Does he wear black and red and also have alot of bodyguards around him?"
"Yeah..wait how do you know that."
"Cause he is right outside."
"What!!"
I came rushing from the back room and to the counter where Kara was. I saw him coming towards the door.
"Oh my god." I said.
"You have to hide."
"What! Why?"
"Because the girl you eat out at a strip club is working here serving you food is awkward....and weird."
"You're right."
I went to the back and hid behind the curtains.
They entered the restaurant.
" Hi how can I help you today." Kara said.
The marrooned hair man stepped forward and answered.
"Yes um... does a Y/n L/n work here?"
"Yes but she is not here at the moment.... it's her off day. Would you like to order something?"
"No I just want to find out when is she coming here?"
"She supposed to be working double shift tomorrow."
"Thank you."
"Who should I say is looking for her?"
"Tanjiro Kamado."
"Okay."
They exited the restaurant.
I came out from the back.
" You actually told them when I am going to be here?"
"Was I not supposed to?"
"No. I thought you say he can't see "the girl he ate out" serving him food it would be awkward."
"I'm sorry but when he speaks it's like nothing matters and his voice would keep you safe and..."
She blushed as she blabbed on on and on about my boss while I was trying to figure out what to do and then that's when the idea hit me.
"Wait a minute?"
"What?"
"If it was gonna be awkward why would he show up here anyway?"
"I mean it's true he didn't even order anything he just wanted to talk to you."
"You know what fuck it. If he wants to see me tomorrow let him I'll just act like I've never seen him before."
"Okay and one more thing, my cousin said that if you don't stop "getting together" with the boss she would take matters into her own hands."
"Is that a threat?"
"No she said it just in like a protective way to keep you safe and honestly I think you should stay away from him. I mean do want to be in love with a guy who deals drugs and kills people?"
"Uhh."
"Look all I'm just saying is to play safe if you wanna hand around him."
"Fine."
The day was over and I drove home. I was still thinking about what Camille said and my boss coming to see me tomorrow. What should I do?