I turned around without saying anything to Chris, I was deep in thought. Missy, why is she doing this?

I was thinking too hard, and wasn't focusing on anything. The chilly breeze that blew by, and the fluffy clouds that were underneath me made me realize I wasn't on earth anymore. A mist was forming around me, thick fog was up to my knees, yeahh, I was back in the dream. Really, really? Damn it, now I might be doing something stupid on earth while my mind is here.

"She can't do that. Why did you give him the riddle?" My mom was somewhere, she was sobbing with mini hiccups in between each word she said.

I'm starting to despise this mist crap, I was to see my mom.

"He has to know, Dawn. We can't keep him in the dark anymore." It was a lady that replied so calmly. A voice that was all too familiar. The angel of death, if Cole was here he would have said the wannabe grim reaper.

How does my mom know her?

My vision started to clear, I don't notice it was blurry. Two figures stood only a few feet away from me. My mom was wearing her white suit, her wings caved in as she cupped her pale face with her hands. Her blackish blue hair was in a neat bun, she must have been doing counsel duty.

"I failed, Sonia, I failed protecting him, I failed being a mother. I thought going to earth would save him from his density." My mom exclaimed, she dropped her hands from her face and revealed her tears and red puffy eyes. She has lost a lot of weight.

I ripped my gaze from my mom to Sonia...the angel of death. Still wearing the usual dress that made her look dangerous.

"You couldn't change anything, Dawn, it's already planned out." Sonia said placing a thin, boney like hand on my mom's shoulders. Her touch, caused mom to shiver. Within moments of uneasy silence, Sonia stared straight at me.

Her eyes were this orange-red color, they weren't normal. Normal wasn't even the word to describe her eyes. She provided me with a smile...or I think it was a smile. Her boney cheeks just made it look like a skeleton had hit her across her face. That might explain the black circles under her eyes and unhealthy pale face. The way I see it she looks like she's been dead for a few days. I bet her hair was thinned out, but I couldn't be sure since she always had a hoodie on.

I don't get it, one day she's normal looking, and the next she's freakishly scary.

"Did you figure out the riddle, son?" She asked when I just stared without saying anything. Wait did she just say 'son'? I felt my eyebrows raise.

"Sonia, you...why did you bring him here?" I turned my attentions to my mom, she was desperately searching around, when I took a step forward a hand dug deep into my shoulders.

"He has to know...Brent connect--" Sonia was cut off when everything started melting like ice on a warm day. Dark, everything was suddenly pitch black.

The hand on my shoulder pulled away leaving a painful feeling. I looked around, nothing, I can't see a thing. I could feel someone, something next to me. I was having chills that continuously ran up my spine.

"Help us, help us be free." Whispers danced close by, the voices sounded as if they were in pain, or just plain bored. Slowly my surroundings brighten but still it was hard to see. Figures paraded in circles, none revealing their faces, every inch of their body was just a dark shadow. They were nothing but shadows, all the same size.

One approaches, bushes against me, and whispers, "High World shunned you, why--" more voices joined in asking why. The shadow vanishes and again another comes close.

"Why save the world that wanted you dead?" This shadow gave off a sad vibe, how can I feel upset for these creatures?

"We are like you, Brent." Another one replied behind me, I turned to see myself, was I staring in a mirror? He looks just like me.

"Who are you?" I asked, my voice echoed through out the place. The one that looked like me started fading out with a frown written on his face.

Laughter and giggles erupted into the room...I don't even know if this was a room.

The shadows started answering my question simultaneously.

"We are you-"

"We are your thoughts-"

"Feeling-"

"We are like you.."

I looked around confused, what do they want? How can I help them? I felt weak in the knees, my heart was oddly calm as it beat normally but I was anxious. I wanted to get out of here.

"NO, you have to help us...we can't wait any longer. Set us free Brent." One shadow growled near by...they can hear my thoughts.

Voices around me chanted 'help us', I started feeling that I needed to help them. Their pleading was real, the pain and sorrow in their voices were real.

"How...how do I help?" Multiple hands covered my shoulders, something cold leaned in against my ears.

"Lissssten," a voice hissed, "listen to your inner self"

"Yes, take the girl's life." One said.

"Yes, yes, take her life." Everyone joined in as if it was a singing class.

"Who's life?" I asked, I couldn't hear my own voice, I was shivering nonstop from the chilly breeze.

In the background, others started chanting 'join us' while one said a little louder,

"You know who." I opened my mouth to reply, but I felt a sharp stab in the back, I jolted awake.

I snapped my eyes open...when did I close my eyes? I met amber eyes, and a very pink haired guy. Thomas. Before Chris and I left, he told us he needed a new hair color, but i never would have thought he would choose pink.

He gave a wide smile while he looked down at me, "why are you laying on broken glass?" He asked helping me up.

I stood up and started dusting myself off, really I don't know why I did that if there's no dirt on my jeans. I took notice that I was in Cole's room, I don't even want to ask how I got here, it was better than being with weird shadows that talked.

"I was admiring the floor?" I offered, Thomas shook his head with a small grin on his face.

"You noticed that Nash has been in the room too,right?" He gave a serious expression. There goes that name again.

"You know what forget it." He said, while he placed a hand on my shoulders, and led me down the hall joking about how Cole is going to be dead if Kale sees his shoes destroyed.

While down stairs, Cole gave me a different look he always gave. Today, I think our 'date' would go well if he doesn't kill me first.

************

>.