chapter 6

The party ends around 12:45 in midnight and the youngsters decide to pull a nighter out after everybody leaves. Tine insists Sarawat to stay back as a gesture of gratitude for working so much for the party. Sarawat reminds him that while this is indeed a warm gesture, he expects him to pay him too. Tine rolls his eyes and walks away.

The party soon turns wild as the night passes. They all get drunk and scatter all over the farm house, making out at places one would not even stand in clear head. Tine wishes Earth would call to check up on him but understands that he might have already fallen asleep. Amidst the roars of music and sweaty smell of people in the bar area, Tine escapes somehow and walks out of the house to find Sarawat who he realises, he hasn't seen since the afterparty started.

"Hey" Tine says as he tries to climb on the railing of the terrace where Sarawat is sitting.

Seeing Tine, Sarawat gets down the railing and pulls Tine towards the chairs.

Tine frowns.

Sarawat flicks his head, "you're tipsy. It's dangerous to sit on the railing."

Tine tries to hide his smile and the goofy feeling of hearing Sarawat care about him. He sinks in the chair next to him and they drown in silence.

"What are you thinking?" Tine asks Sarawat.

Sarawat smiles mischievously, "about the smile that looks like hundred roses crushed on a caramel."

Tine sighs. Right, there was no way Sarawat would have let it gone easily. Tine loathes the moment when people asked Earth and him to tell the proposal story and that's when, Earth had to spill everything out. The way he planned a dinner at his apartment and proposed to Tine with a poem he (his secretary) wrote for that special occassion. Tine does not forget to recall the way Sarawat had derived all the fun he could from that episode - from pretending to be touched by the story to laughing like a madman.

"Haha haha laugh all you want" Tine says monotonously, "you're making money out of my misery, after all."

Sarawat's eyes soften as he scoots closer to Tine.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt you."

Tine frowns and looks at Sarawat whose eyes do look sorry.

He shakes his head, "I was kidding. Don't be sorry."

"Okay."

They stay silent for another four minutes when Tine speaks again.

"What are you thinking now?"

Sarawat says, "how did someone like you fall for someone like him?"

Tine scoffs, "what do you mean someone like me and someone like him?"

He shrugs, "Earth is nice. I mean it's not my place to judge anybody, let alone your boyfriend but I just feel you guys don't fit."

Tine feels it's a dangerous place to go to and yet, he decides he wants to hear it.

"He's not my boyfriend but what do you mean?"

"Look he's a great guy" Sarawat says again, "but you are a great guy yourself. I wonder if another great guy is what you need."

Tine chuckles, "I think right now, I need an interpretor who can interpret your enigmatic words."

Sarawat rolls his eyes, "I just want to say that....I mean he's -"

Sarawat struggles to find words. Words that should describe someone who deserves Tine. Those words aren't easy to find, he feels. So he stays quiet.