"(Y/n)! Rui! Come inside, food is gonna get cold!" Another feminine voice called from behind him, this time it seemed to be the voice of a grown woman. A smile formed on (Y/n)'s face as she got up and cleaned her kimono. "We are coming Mom!"

'Mom?' His eyes widened in shock. He quickly stood up and tried to follow the woman who called them to eat, only to take a step and fall on the rough soil. His head spun and his vision blurred with white spots.

"My god are you okay??" A hand grabbed his shoulder and helped him up, his legs slightly trembling, and only then did he realize that his skin had a more human color.

"You have to be careful Rui..." She huffed out as she took his hands in hers, turning them over to check for any injury on his palms. "It's almost as if you sometimes forget you have a fragile body...try to not make any sudden movements, you can get seriously hurt if you fall like this again." 

'...Fragile body? What- Where am I?' Suddenly he felt being lifted up as he grabbed his sister's shoulder in search of support.

"Might as well carry you inside right?" The grip on her shoulders got firmer as she grinned up at him, an embarrassed blush coating his cheeks. While they were walking in the corridors he couldn't help but think of the way his sister's personality was different from the one he knew. She seemed more cheerful... happier... Was this really his sister?

He carefully listened to her giggles, and a strange bitter taste grew on his tongue the more he looked at this foreign personality of hers. He felt dizzy, it was almost like he started to remember some things ... they were memories of him and his sister. Memories of a long time before he encountered Muzan-Sama. He remembered how her laughter had always brought a smile to his lips. How she would always be so gentle when closing his winter coat. And how she'd always hug him goodbye whenever she went out in the village, never forgetting to bring him something sweet as a gift.

He remembered two figures scolding them after they got caught sneaking out at night...were those his parents? It could be ... but he can't seem to remember their faces.  

"(Y/n) dear, do you want some dried plum with your Ochazuke?" They finally stopped at the entrance of a room where he could see a short woman place a bunch of bowls on top of the Horigotatsu.

"Can't I have some seaweed instead? You know I don't like dried fruit texture..." His sister said as she entered the room, helping Rui sit down beside the woman. He hesitantly glanced at the two adults, his heartbeat echoing in his ears. They had both kind smiles on, and the black-haired male affectionately patted his sister's head as she sat down next to him, a grin plastered on her own face as she reached for his hand. Slightly glancing to his side Rui looked at the woman who gently filled his bowl of rice with steaming hot tea. Her eyes met his with a compassion he had never seen in anyone else. 

"What about you Rui, what would you- Rui?" The woman stopped, brows lifting in surprise at the scene. "Are you crying?" 

If it wasn't for her words he would've never felt the warm tears that fell down his pale cheeks. His lips slightly parted as the more he blinked the more he felt his eyes water.

"Ah!- What happened? Did I carry you too harshly??" (Y/n) panicked at the sight, not knowing why her brother started crying all of a sudden. 

His lips trembled slightly, a strained cry stuck in his throat, too many thoughts and memories made their way into his mind in just a few seconds.

He finally... remembered everything.

He let his hands abruptly fall to his sides as the bodies of his parents lay next to him. Their blood ran down his palms and fell on the wooden floor that his mom had worked so hard on cleaning a few hours prior.