┊ iii. three

ᴄʜᴏᴏꜱᴇ ᴀ ꜰɪʟᴇ:

➤- ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 3 "Stream of thoughts"

- ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ ꜱʟᴏᴛ 2

- ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ ꜱʟᴏᴛ 3

ʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ...

The sound of water filled your ears, the cold substance reaching your knees as you were seated on the bank of the river. You had ran out of the house in panic, your breath heavy and your mind clouded by sorrow and fear. You couldn't think straight. Not when your blood was boiling in anger. But even so, your feet had brought you to this place you had found long ago: a river near an abandoned village surrounded by dead wisteria trees...perfect spot to relax right?

You accidentally found this place when you were being followed by a Hinoe-ranked demon slayer. Usually, you wouldn't have been allowed to get out of the mountain, but seeing as this was a life-death situation you found yourself forced to. Fortunately, Rui followed your scent and killed the Demon Slayer for you. At the time you were still practicing your demon abilities, so you couldn't even imagine being able to kill a demon slayer of that rank. After that time Rui allowed you to come here if you needed some space, if you were lucky enough he would be by your side to listen to you.

Your vision is still hazy from when you stepped out of the house. A knot ties your stomach as you could still feel an invisible force choking you. Your mind began filling with thoughts as you recalled this week's events. Meeting him was not on your daily task list and it sure took a lot out of you.

You had come to hate him. 

You hated his voice. You hated his face. You hated his little minions.

You hated him for what he did to you

You grab a rock that was beside you and throw it in the river with enough force to scare the fish away.

Light footsteps approach you and without a word the figure sits beside you, careful to not get any water on his robes. You don't bother looking at him and instead pick up another rock wincing as you lift your arm. A stinging feeling burns in your chest and cuts your breathing short.

Rui gets closer to you as he hears the pained sound, putting a hand on your shoulder.

"...you know better than force yourself like that."

"I'm fine Rui."  You slowly breathe as you try to control the burning pain. "I just...I just need to practice more."

"Practice, not strain yourself." He states as a matter of fact, slowly lifting up the sleeve that covered your arm as he carefully checked your pulse.

 "If he didn't think I would be able to learn this then he wouldn't even try to teach me- Shit!"

Another groan comes out of you as a sharp pain sprouts from your shoulder, and this time your nails dig into your skin. Rui shifts closer to you, gripping the robes that covered your back in a failed attempt at comforting you