"Oh god, what happened to you? It's almost as if you will faint at any moment now..."

"I-I'm fine, just, where is Rui? Why are you here?"

"R-rui is fighting with that Slayer and his sister, he has sent me to kill the remaining people in this mountain..."

'...sister? That boy has a sister? '  You didn't sense any other slayer with him, so there was still a chance that this sister of his was actually one of the-

And your heart dropped.

You felt a sudden sense of dread crawling over you at the realization. This sister of his could've easily been a Hashira, and if that were to be the case then...

"Where are they right now?"

You ignored the butterflies in your stomach and the acid taste in your mouth. You couldn't be sick in a moment like this, you had to reach your brother, and fast.

Unknowingly to you, there was no way you could've run fast enough to reach your brother in time. No amount of training could've let you prevent what was going to happen. Not even if you wished to a million stars to let fate be fair with your young brother.

 - 🕷 -

'Dance of the Fire God: Waltz'  The blood-red wires were cut like butter as the pinkish flames engulfed the broken sword.

Caught off guard, the eyes of the Spider demon widened as he was forced to take a step back. His shocked expression was immediately replaced by the boiling rage inside of his chest. Clenching his teeth he gripped tighter at the remaining strings in his hands, creating a wire-cage that would've certainly hit the slayer in the next few seconds. Quick movements were shared by the two as one approached the other, their weapons threatening to pierce through each other's flesh. Their eyes locked in challenging gazes as a noble feeling guided both.

The need to protect their loved ones.

Horror crossed your brother's face as he saw his own wires catch fire, taking his attention away from the nearing blade to his neck. A sharp gasp fell from his lips as the boiling hot metal cut through the first few inches of his flesh. Fear suddenly clouded his mind as he realized he wouldn't be able to regenerate fast enough.

This wasn't how it was supposed to go.

Not when he had used his sharpest wires, his strongest techniques.

And yet that weak slayer and his strange sister had managed to bring him to such a vulnerable point...

Was this really going to be the end? After everything that he had gone through. After all the things he had done to get stronger. How could he ever accept defeat in such a way? Especially after all that you-

You.

Suddenly it felt as if everything around him had stopped. The burning feeling on his neck vanished like dust in the wind. His mind was clouded by a distant call of his name.

"...Rui?"

"Rui!"

Said boy opens his eyes, jolting at the energetic voice that echoed in his head. It took a few seconds to adjust to the light but when he did he couldn't help but stare in awe at the figure in front of him. A girl held his face in between her hands. Her brows furrowed together as her lips twisted into a pout. She had the most beautiful (e/c) eyes he had ever seen and wore a  deep red kimono with white flower ornaments.

"You okay there airhead? Did you listen to what I just said?" Her voice...the way she looked at him...it's too familiar, she almost looked like...

"Dear Brother" ~Kny x demon reader~On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara