"Guess the time machine in your apartment is having a guest tonight."

Tine says sarcastically as Sarawat runs to him and washes his face.

"Umhm." Sarawat says absent mindedly,  "How do you like it?"

He points out to the venue.

Tine nods, "it looks amazing."

"Umhm? Any suggestion?"

Tine sighs, "stop asking me that already. I told you I'm fine with whatever everybody else is fine with."

Sarawat nods, "what about those light bulbs? Do you think they should be on this side?"

"I think it's fine."

"Okay" Sarawat says, "what about the bar? Anything you want to add in wine cellar?"

"Nothing really."

"What about the decorations?"

Tine frowns and looks at Sarawat. His face is serious and he looks like he is not planning to give up any time soon. Tine smiles bashfully as he realises what is happening and he clears his throat, while looking around.

"Those pink hydrangeas there" Tine says hesitantly, "I like purple ones more."

A small smile escapes Sarawat's lips and he nods.

"Purple hydrangeas it is, then."

....

"Wow" Pear says as she pulls back from Tine after she makes sure his makeup is over.

"Earth is so lucky phi" she says, "not sure if I can say the same thing to you. Urgh just break this marriage already."

Tine chuckles and looks in the mirror. Pear indeed is talented for only she can make a boring lawyer look like this. He is wearing a black suit that Earth's parents have gifted him and she has done his make up, all in the shades that tone him up perfectly with the colour of his dress.

"Are you ready?" Mrs. Teepakorn enters the room and squeals on seeing Tine.

"Wow, Earth is so lucky. God my son looks so handsome."

Tine and Pear exchange glances before bursting out in laughter.

"So now you know which child of yours is not crazy?" Fong walks into the room.

Pear smacks Fong's head after which he ruffles her hair.

Mrs. Teepakorn looks at Tine and he smiles.

"I'm fine mae, if that's what you want to know."

"I know you are fine" his mae says while holding his hands, "I wanted to know if you're happy."

Tine is silent. Not because he is considering to say what he's truly feeling but to wonder why is she even asking him that when they both know it's hardly going to change anything.

It's not like Tine has only suffered all the time. He's grateful for everything that comes with his family - love, fights, drama, support. It's just that Tine has always felt an obligation on himself. An invisible notice on all the walls of house that remind him of his responsibilities as a dutiful son. The responsibilities he has more often than not, performed. In fact, if only he knew his one act of rebel would outvalue all other acts of compliance for his whole life, he would have probably given a second thought about refusing to enter his dad's business. He might have convinced himself he would be okay, pursuing business rather than law. May be, then he would have spared himself from convincing that he'd be okay, marrying Earth instead of someone he might have fallen in love with, in future.

"It's getting late. Make it fast" Mr. Phum shouts from downstairs.

Tine hears his voice and smiles sadly at his mother, "don't worry mae. I will find a way to be happy."

And then, mutters so slowly he wishes even he himself couldn't hear, "I always do."

.....

"Wow" Sarawat says as he meets Tine in the lawn, "Earth is one lucky guy."

Tine laughs, "what's with everyone? Been hearing that a lot today."

Sarawat smiles, "good. You deserve to."

Tine bits his lips. He wonders why, amongst all compliments, Sarawat's sounds like symphony to his ears. They both stand there, not speaking and for the first time since the first meeting at MSB planners, they feel awkward. Sarawat scratches his nape and clears his throat.

"Ahem" he says, "you really look..."

"Amazing" Earth says as he walks upto them, "you look amazing sweetheart. I'm so lucky."

Tine looks at Sarawat whose mouth is twitching in a weird expression.

Earth puts hand around Tine's shoulders and kisses him. Tine stays still as he feels footsteps going away from them, perhaps Sarawat's.

"Babe?" Earth asks, pulling away, "is everything okay?"

Tine looks over Earth's shoulder at Sarawat's back and he sighs.

"You look amazing too" Tine says, before kissing his fiancé.

He vows that he'll remind himself of that for ten times a day.

💚🤍