XLIV. Remember me: a wall of text

Discount Shakespeare An anthology of musings Poetry by seomins 

An anthology of musings
Poetry by seomins 

━━━ ❦ ━━━

Remember me: a wall of text

I pray that you remember me in the calming sounds of chimes that bring you and your house to life over our mutual love of house parties and hogging the karaoke microphone only to sing Call Your Girlfriend for the 10th time. I never got why we adored that song so much. But by then, I probably should've gotten the memo already. I guess my brain was just too mushy to pick any message up. I pray that you remember me in the 4 succulents I gave you when we first orbited the sun together, 2 of them a smitten salmon, the other 2 an aching apricot – although I'm positive you'll remember them more for the utter fondness they brought you, as you'd always compare them to your "precious creature friends", an honor you'd give the axolotls of the same colors we posed with at the aquatics exhibit when we were 7. I'm not gonna bother asking you if you still have that photo of us, anymore. It's so easily replaceable, even I don't see its worth anymore. You could easily take anyone else in your area to the same place, now that you're capable of feeling things, making memories, and searing your heart (and mine) with sentiments. That's why I'm asking you to remember all this; surely, you can do that, right? I know you can, I just know it, because you wouldn't dare toughen up over an act as simple as throwing things away. So, I pray that you'll always remember how to remember, and how it's all a matter of choosing your battles; letting memories disintegrate into halos around your thoughts doesn't necessarily mean you have amnesia. They're there for a reason. They're worth something. That's why you always find them after countless fleeting moments of getting lost, almost to the point of no return. I pray that you, at long last, learn how to cradle your memories as if they're made of glass, with imperfections lining their shells like the busy veins on your hands. I pray that you find a purpose in keeping whatever you cherish to yourself, and for once, choose to not let go of them. I pray that you don't make the same mistake I did, and let your memories touch your heart and soul a final time before they're gone. I pray that I reach you. I pray that you resurface from your depths of negligence. I pray that you remember what makes you whole again.

━━━ ❦ ━━━

By Andrea GP.