Chapter 3

As you looked up and out onto the parking lot, it seemed as though your night had not officially ended. You faltered as you saw a man standing next to your car, looking in through the windows and then around the parking lot.

What the hell was going on?

You adjusted your purse thrown over your shoulder and slowly began walking again as you tried to see who was next to your car. You squinted to get a better look and cursed under your breath when you realized who was standing there. You picked up the pace, cautiously, and spoke up, "Connor."

The man turned around and saw you, his lips curling into a smile you knew and hated after all these years. This was your ex-boyfriend, for good reason.

"Hey, baby," he greeted you with a wink and a smirk. Your lip twitched instinctively, curling into a look of disgust as you pushed past him to unlock your door.

"Don't call me that," you said firmly to him, "What the hell do you want?" As you turned the key to your car and put your hand on the handle, you cringed greatly when you felt his hands wrap around your waist.

"I just wanted to drop by. I heard you were in the area and had to see for myself. Just wanted to apologize," he told you gently, his lips right next to your ear.

You almost growled at him, shoving him off of you. "Get the fuck away from me," you cursed at him, roughly dusting yourself off in an attempt to get the smell of his heavy cologne off of your clothes. "Isn't it a little too late to apologize? I broke up with you five years ago."

Yes, it had been five years. The same amount of time it had been since you met your boss. Connor was a cop who was obsessed with his job - a job he did not even do well. The only thing you could give to him was that he was a better cop than a boyfriend. He was always focused on work, never on you. It was like catching a criminal was more important than you.

You had been dating for around two years. You always thought that maybe you were overreacting, being clingy or selfish. In return, you gave him too many chances, too many speeches. You had always hoped he would change, that your relationship with him would get better. But it never did, and you soon had to realize that it was him and not you. So you broke up with him, and you were done babysitting the man.

But not before he made a really big deal-breaking move.

His shoulders sagged as he turned to you with a fake frown, his lips curling out slightly to try and sell his story. "Just hear me out, Y/N/N-"

"Don't call me that," you snapped at him, the nickname he used to call you angering you. He brushed off your words, continuing, "I'm really sorry about what happened. You were right, I should have listened. Please forgive me."

You huffed and rolled your eyes, "If I had a dime for every time I heard that..." You lightly tugged on your car door, looking over your shoulder briefly, "Piss off, Connor. I'm sure there's another babe waiting for you. I'm sure she's washing your clothes and fetching your beer for you as well."

You didn't expect what happened next when you were suddenly pushed into the car. You gasped and tried to get out of his hold, but you were effectively trapped between Connor's uncomfortably warm body and your car.

And, for the first time in a long time, you were terrified.

You shivered when he spoke again, his voice right next to your ear was a low and terrifying sound, "You listen here, you're coming with me or we'll settle this here. Your choice, baby."

Fear and rage swarmed your body, an ache to be away from this situation buzzing in your body. "You're insane!" you yelled, "Get off of me!" Tears pricked at your eyes as you whimpered in fear.