Getting Closer

Começar do início

She shook her head up and down.

You watched Inumaki walk over to the tree than focused back to Maki.

"Yes, senpai?"

"Listen, I wanted to say that I want you to be the second in command. I trust you."

You were taken with this comment. Hell, you didn't know what to say. Maki and you had been training for a while and you had actually gotten very close to her. You two pushed each other farther and farther making you better fighters. Maki was also part of a clan that royally screwed her over. You two had a lot in common.

"Wow, I am honored Maki senpai." You say with a smile.

"I have to say even though I haven't known you that long; it feels like I've known you my whole life." Maki says.

"Yeah, it's amazing that like we just kinda just clicked so well."

"So will you accept this position?" Maki says looking into your eyes.

You look back and say, "Yes, I am honored."

"Perfect, see you tomorrow. Be ready don't stay out too late with him."

"I won't, I'll be ready. See you tomorrow."

Now just you and Inumaki were left behind.

You walked towards him. As you approach, he sits near a tree and leans back patting the ground next to him wanting you to come sit near him.

You hesitantly do.

"So what's up? What's on your mind Inumaki?"

He stays silent for a moment. "I just wanted to check in on you before your first fight."

"Oh, well I'm feeling pretty good about tomorrow. If anything, I'm worried for everyone else and if I will able to protect everyone."

"No one expects you to protect us all Y/N, just because you're the strongest doesn't mean we expect it from you."

"I guess but..."

Inumaki cut you off. "NO but's this time ok y/n?"

Inumaki grabs your hand and interlocks fingers with you. You two had become comfortable with one another; you loved the feeling of his strong warm hand holding your smaller cold hand.

You smile at him. "Thank you for always helping me when I get too wrapped up in my mind."

Inumaki smiles back at you. "Mind if we sit for bit. Enjoy the sunset together?"

"No not at all." You said softly leaning back on the tree shoulder to shoulder, still holding onto each other's hand.

"So, I always wondered. Do you have any family?"

You stay quiet.

Inumaki looks at you and could tell that question bothered you, you looked so sad all of a sudden.

"I'm sorry; I was just trying to get to know you better... I..."

You stop him.

"It's ok, I know. It's just hard to talk about. However, you are the only person I think I have the strength to tell." You say.

"Well..." You told him your family story, the entire shameful, painful story. "So, it's just me now." You finish saying looking off into the sunset.

Inumaki's heart sank to the pit of his stomach. He hated to see you sad and in pain. He wanted to be the man to take that all away for you.

A few tears began to escape your eyes. You quickly let go of Inumaki's hand and begin to wipe away your tears vigorously.

"I'm so dumb to cry, crying changes nothing" 

Inumaki grabbed both of your hands now and faced towards you.

"Crying is normal, it's real; don't say you're dumb for crying. You're beautiful."

As you let a few more tears fall out, you smile at Inumaki. Gosh, you want to kiss him, so badly, but you still hold yourself back. You don't want to give into your feelings.

Meanwhile, Inumaki is wishing you would kiss him.

"If she kissed me, I would kiss the hell out of her back. Fuck why can't I just gather up the courage to do it or tell her." He thought to himself.

You let out a deep sigh trying to control the urge to touch his soft inviting lips. You look at his eyes and you both stare at one another for a moment.

Eventually you noticed it was starting to get dark.

"Let's get going we have a big day tomorrow," You say as you break away from Inumaki.

"Yeah, you're right, let's go. I'll walk you to your door."

"Damn why didn't I just kiss her". Inumaki thinks as you two both leave.