Chapter 6

Three years had passed and things were changed a bit. Being on a seventh grade, Terence and James' muscles were starting to form their perfect shape. Some inches added to their height and they're getting more handsome than before. Terence had chinky eyes, fair skin, and pointed nose that he got from his mother who came from a Chinese descent family. While James had brown eyes, fair skin, pointed nose and sensible lips that he got from his Spanish decent family. There were some changes on Danielle too. She brought big lunch boxes in school, bought extra large clothes, and gained so much weight. Also, she finally understood what made her fell in love with James. Yes! It was love, and not infatuation as she had claimed. Well, surprisingly, Danielle had known love at the very young age. And everybody must agree on that because she had a unique perception towards her feelings for James. It was not about James' popularity in school, nor his talent and achievements, nor his look but his hidden kindness, positive attitude in life and being responsible son. Of course, she found out those good qualities during her three years of stalking.

Awesome! It was not a typical thing for a girl at her age to understand love. Yet, she did her best to be noticed, however, Danielle wasn't able to catch his attention despite all she had done. She was running out of strategies and the only thing she hadn't tried was confession. It sounded crazy but yes, that could be her last resort. She really needed to have a perfect plan for the confession and her best friend was only person who could give some information.

"Hey, I brought you something," Danielle started the conversation with a smile as Terence had opened the door one weekend afternoon.

"Hmmm. I smell something fishy," he accepted the pizza that Danielle had brought. He knew Danielle very well. Coming with food in such a sleepy afternoon was something. That was not her thing, so there must be something.

"Can't I just come to bring you food? Or just to simply check my best friend?" she was playing innocent again.

"It's like I don't know you," he shrugged.

"Alright. Alright. When you'll be practicing basketball?"

"I knew it! It's James again! Aren't you tired of following? It's been three years now."

"Aissh! I'm asking the date, not a sermon, okay?"

"It's a not sermon. It's a sort of wake up call for you to realize the fact that you're still too young to be a stalker. And that guy, he doesn't like you. I'm telling you, this is not good.''

"Awww! That hurts. Thanks for the concern but don't be a killjoy, okay? Don't tell me, you've never been in love. Or let's just say you dont have a crush, do you?"

"Of course I do have crush, but..." Terence had paused.

"Really? As far as I know, you've never mention a girl to me. Or could it be possible...?" Danielle did a facepalm and shook her head about the detestable thing she imagined. Actually, she was just teasing him.

"Oh stop it! I'm not gay, okay?"

Danielle couldn't help herself but laughed like there was no tomorrow. She even pressed her stomach because she couldn't contain the drolling reaction from Terence's face.

"Hey! Are you here to make fun of me?!" he was so pissed. It was as if his nose became flue blowing dark fumes.

"Sorry, I just can't help it. Come on ~ don't be mad, please?"

Terence still didn't react.

"Please? Please? Please?" she said while she kept pulling his shirt.

"Okay! Okay! Just stop pulling my shirt. You're tearing it."

"Oh really? May I see?" she tickled Terence's flank and he started to giggle.