Chapter 5

Few weeks had passed, Danielle totally forgot her so called 'seriousness'. No homeworks, no projects, no notes and a big zero in her quiz. But thanks to her loyal best friend with his undying support. If it wasn't because of Terence, she would be kicked out early. There was a time, when she was late and never had any idea about the recitation. The worst scenario for those who weren't able to answer was singing in the entrance of classroom wearing a cardboard labelling 'Not A Role Model'.

"Oh! A round of applause for Danielle, everybody!" Ms. Mckittrick exclaimed.

Everybody was applauding as she was entering the room. She glanced her watch and realized she was late for about five minutes.

"G-Good morning Ms. Mckittrick. I'm sorry, I'm five minutes late," she had that kind of pale smile knowing the fact that there would be a consequence for her tardiness. As she was making her way to her seat, the teacher halted her.

"Where are you going?"

"T-To my seat, Ms. McKittrick," she stuttered and almost tremble.

"Not that fast, young lady. Since you're late, you'll recite first!" the teacher had emphasized her authority again.

Startlingly, Danielle had closed her eyes and took a deep breath to regain her strength and poise. She had a notion from the look in her teacher's eyes that disaster was already coming own it's way toward her. So, she was so scared to death for she had no idea about the topic. Plus, she didn't even scan her notes. And how could she possibly scan her notes when she was not even taking down notes? Perfect student!

She couldn't let herself be humiliated in front of James this time.

"Brain, oh brain! Please be useful and help your owner," she said silently.

"Okay, question. What human system provides the shape and form for our bodies? It protects our internal organs and allows bodily movement. It allows us to walk, run, hold and do things."

"What?! Am I still on this planet? I don't know these things. I don't even heard about these," she said silently while her eyes was rolling back and forth, forcing her brain to provide a perfect guess.

"Ugh! Brain, come on!" she bit her lower lip as she was commanding her brain silently.

"You don't know? That's very basic! You wanna go outside and humiliate yourself?"

"I uh..." she was forced to utter a word just to let herself remain in the class. As she was looking to Terrence's direction, he shrewdly and discreetly used his hand to signal. A sort of sign language. Thankfully, they used sign language whenever they had secret talk. So she understood perfectly what he was signaling.

"Uh...S-Skeletal system?"

"Is that a question or an answer?"

Danielle only responded a smile because she, herself was not so sure about the answer.

"Okay, next question. What is the third planet in our solar system?"

"System again? How many systems are there?"  Danielle uttered silently in frustration.

"Earth." Of course, she was just reading Terrence's hand.

"Lastly, what is the red planet in our solar system?"

"Grrr! I'm starting to hate this 'system'!"

How she had wish to blurt it out but she couldn't. She needed to practice good manners and right conduct as her mother taught her.