The Ceremony

I prodded the fire with the poker, as I was a woman, my job was relatively simple. "Come on Sam I need to deliver this to the governor before the ceremony," Will told me "Does that mean I have to watch you and Elizabeth have another awkward exchange again?" I whined He laughed, then we left, it was James Norrington's promotional ceremony that would make him a Commodore. The entirety of Port Royal would go to watch.
We knocked on the Swan's door and were immediately let in. We both stood in the entrance hall, the ceiling towering above us and from it hanging a crystal chandelier. Will reached out and fiddled with a candelabra that was mounted on the wall. Seconds later there was a dull clunk and I looked at Will, quickly he hid it in a brass vase-shaped object. Just in time too because Governor Swan walked into the room. While Will was presenting him with the finely made sword I looked around the big room in more detail. 
The governor said "ahh Elizabeth there you are," as she appeared at the top of the stairs "Will! It's so good to see you, I had a dream about you last night." She said breathily "About me?" he replied smiling, "Elizabeth are you sure this is entirely proper for you to-"The governor protested but got cut off "about the day we met, do you remember?" She asked. That had been the same day she rescued us both. I was always ignored by her. I smirked at the idea. "How could I forget Miss Swann?" He said as if no one else was there. "Will, how many times must I ask you to call me Elizabeth?" She asked smiling slightly. "At least once more Miss Swann." He smiled. Elizabeth's, however, dropped off her face like a dead bird out of the sky. "At least he has some sense of propriety. Now we really must be going." The governor pushed. "Good day Mr Turner." She said completely ignoring me again.

Eventually, we followed Elizabeth and various other men out of the Governor's house. " Good day... Elizabeth" Will muttered.

Everyone stood in the beating sun as men were beating drums. It took what felt like years for the ceremony to be over. I saw Elizabeth leave with the Comedor. Suddenly Elizabeth fell off the fort. As much as I would love to let her, I couldn't let her drown, it would destroy Will. I jumped off the fort. 

I hit the water and swam down as fast as I could. A man swam down towards me trying to help pull her up. He ripped the dress off and we dragged her to the docks. Two members of the Royal navy pulled her out of the water. I climbed out of the water and kneeled down next to her. "Give me a knife!" Commanded an unfamiliar voice I pulled out the small blade I kept in my boot and gave it to him. He cut open the corset and ripped it off of her, she choked up seawater and the man patted her back."I never would have thought of that," the skinnier guard said, "Clearly you have never been to Singapore." The mystery man said, "Where did you get that?" He asked Elizabeth. Men in blood-red coats ran down the deck and pointed bayonets at the man. "On your feet" the Comedor commanded, "Commodore do you really intend to kill my rescuer?" She protested. I spoke up "actually it was me who jumped off the cliff and brought her to land" "but I was the one who opened the corset so she could breath" the man argued.  He had a fair point but I wasn't going to admit that. I kept my poker face and moved away from the ends of the guns. Will got to the dock and shouted "sam are you okay?!" "Yes I am fine Will, " I calmly responded not wanting to worry him. The men lowered the guns and the Comedor put away his sword "I believe thanks are in order," he said as he stretched out his hand the man took it but hesitantly. The Comedor pulled up his sleeve to reveal a branded p his arm then pulled it further up to reveal a strange tattoo "had a brush with the East India trading company, did we? Pirate?" Asked the Comedor I gasped. "Hang him!" Governor Swan declared. "Well well Jack Sparrow," said Norrington "Captain Jack Sparrow" he corrected "I don't see your ship.... Captain," said Norrington sarcastically  "I'm in the market, as it were" he responded. The skinny one spoke up "he said he had come to commandeer one." The other man gave Norrington his effects and Norrington made useless comments on them. 
I and Elizabeth followed him, I stood in between the Comedor and the pirate while Elizabeth protested, "finally" the pirate muttered and wrapped his irons around my neck. "What's your name Luv?" He asked me "S-S-Sam Turner" I quietly responded, something flashed through his eyes too quick to tell what it was.