Chapter 14: Happily Ever After

Everyone looked in shock and were petrified to see our mom free and standing in front of us

Everyone looked in shock and were petrified to see our mom free and standing in front of us. Mal and I gasped. "It can't be. Go away, Mother." Mal sighed, still holding the wand. Mom laughed like it was a joke. "She's funny. Oh. I'm so... You're very funny here. Wand me. Chop chop." I pushed Mal to the side as Liam and Ben yell out, "No !" Mal threw the wand to Fairy Godmother. "Bibbidi bobbidi..." "Boo." Mom casted a spell on the entire room and everyone was frozen in place, except us.

"Sike." She starts to laugh and she then snorts. "Excuse... Oh. In another time, in another time." She walks away from Adam, so she walks towards Fairy Godmother to grab the wand. "Oh. Oh, no. Someone needs to pluck their nose hairs." She turns back towards us. "Where shall we begin ? I know. Why don't we start by getting rid of these ?" She points the wand towards Mal and I and the boys' rings fly off our fingers and onto the wand. "Perfect fit ! Oh. Excuse me. Pardon me. Excuse me. The horns, the horns." She walks towards Liam and Ben, stopping by Ben. "Oh. Falling in love is weak and ridiculous." She starts to mess with him, moving his face and crown around. "It's not what you want." I step forward as I have tears going down my face. "You don't know what we want ! Mom, have you ever once asked us what we want ? We aren't you !" "Obviously. I've had years and years, and years of practice being evil. You'll get there." I shook my head, still crying. "No. We will not. And I really wish that you had never gotten there yourself. Love is not weak or ridiculous. It's actually really amazing." Mal nods along with what I was saying. Mom glares at us. "I know one thing, young ladies. You have no room for love in your life !"

I, incredibly angry, wanted to prove my mother wrong. "And now I command, wand to my hand !" The wand flies out of Mom's hands and into mines. The others stare in shock. "It worked." "I hardly think so. Frankly, this is tedious and very immature. Give me the wand. Give me the wand !" Carlos steps forward. "Hold on, Miranda. Maybe good really is more powerful than evil." Mom sarcastically laughs. "Oh, please ! You're killing me." She barks at Carlos, but Dude comes barking, running, and jumps on Mom, distracting her. "Oh ! Dog breath ! The breath ! Get off me !" Jay runs forward and grabs onto her staff, trying to take it from her. "Gaston should be jealous." She pushes Jay back. "Enough ! You all will regret this !"

Green smoke billows up and forms a huge purple dragon. Evie, Mal, Carlos, and I continue to back up, but Jay is in her line of sight. She blows fire at him. Jay starts trying to find a way to escape with Mom hot on his heels. "Come on, run, Jay, run !" Carlos screams. "Hurry, Jay. Hurry, hurry, hurry !" yells Mal.  "Jay !"  "Watch it, Jay !" Mal and I scream. Jay makes it to us and Evie steps forward. "Magic mirror, show your bright light !" The mirror beams a light directly into the dragon's eye, blinding her. Mal and I step forward, taking a hold of the wand with one hand. "Get behind us, Eves. Leave our friends alone ! This is between you and us, Mother." We suck in our breath, gaining the courage to stand in front of our snarling mother. "The strength of evil is good as none, when stands before four hearts as one. The strength of evil is good as none, when stands before four hearts as one !" Our eyes glow green as we stared our mother down. The dragon is wrapped in smoke as we gasped, turning to our friends in shock.

Fairy Godmother unfreezes and we run towards her. "What just happened ?" "I have no idea." "Did you guys do it ?" "I don't know." Fairy Godmother meets up with us. "No, no, no, no. Your mother did. She shrank to the size of the love in her heart. That's why it's so itty bitty." We looked down at the purple lizard. Mal questions Fairy Godmother. "Is she gonna be like that forever ?" "Well, forever is a long time. You two learned to love. So can she." I took the wand in my hand and handed it to Fairy Godmother. "I believe this belongs to you." "And I believe these belong to you two." Mal and I smile before putting the rings back on our fingers. "You all have earned yourselves an "A" in Goodness class." We all laugh.

"Bibbidi bobbidi boo !" Fairy Godmother lifts the spell and everyone becomes unfrozen. The twin kings release a roar before being stopped by me and Mal. "Okay. Okay. We kind of got this all wrapped up here." We looked around before Ben grabs me and spins me around, extremely happy. "Next time, I'll rescue you, okay ?" I laugh at Ben. "Yeah. Let's not let there be a next time, okay ?" We hug again before I tilted the crown on his crown and laughs. Mal walks over to us and nods to the right. "I will be right back." We head towards Fairy Godmother and Jane. "I love you. But you are on a major time-out." Mal steps forward. "Don't be too hard on Jane. We were the ones who put all that crazy stuff in her head." "You are beautiful inside and out. Your mom got that right." I stood next to Mal, giving Jane a smile. Jane nods. "I guess I did get pretty lucky in the mother department." "Yeah, I guess so."

Mal and I smile as we watch the mother and daughter duo walk away. Audrey walks up to us. We curtsey to her. Audrey smiles and curtseys back. The three of us share a laugh before Mal grabs my arm and pulls me towards an attendants that is putting a glass cover over Mom. "Hey. Careful. That's our mom !" We put our arms around each other and smile. Jay smiles. "Well, let's get this party started !" "Ohayohayo, hey." We all head outside and fireworks start going off.

Set it off,
Set it off,
Set it off

Mal
Oh, yeah
Oh, yeah, yeah

Evie
Let's set it off
Oh, yeah
You can make it happen

Everyone
Ohayohayo, hey !

Ben
Kings and Queens, it's our time to rise
Write the book story of our lives,
This is us taking back the night

Everyone
Ohayohayo

Miranda
Break the spell,
We were born this way
Be yourself, forget the DNA
Everybody raise your hands and say

Everyone
Ohayohayo

Evie
Sound the alarm, get on your feet
Let's set it off and rock this beat
Dance till your heart is wild and free

Everyone
Ooh, Oh, Oh

Evie
Feeling the power, let it all out,
Like what you see in the mirror, shout
We got the keys, the kingdom's ours

Everyone
Ooh, Oh, Oh
Ohayohayo Hey
Let's set it off
Oh, yeah
Start a chain reaction,
Never let it stop !
Let's set it off
Oh, yeah
You can make it happen
With everything you got !
Let's set it off !
Get ready, set it off
Come on
We got to set it off
On the right
Get ready, set it off
To the left
Ohayohayo, hey
We 'bout to set it off

Carlos
Yo !
It's time to set this thing off
Let's make it happen now
I'll make my own future, ignore the rumors
Show 'em my passion sound

Jay
They all told me to back down
Judgin' me 'cause of my background
Thinking about my path now

Jay and Carlos
Nah, I ain't goin' out like that now

Audrey
Feeling the power, let it all out
Like what you see in the mirror, shout

Liam
We got the keys, the kingdom's ours

Everyone
Ooh Oh Oh
Oh yeah
Let's set it off
Oh yeah,
Let's set this off
Start a chain reaction,
Never let it stop !
Let's set it off !
You can make it happen
With everything you got !
Let's set it off !
Get ready, set it off (come on)
We 'bout to set it off (that's right)
Get ready, set it off (to the left)
We 'bout to set it off
Get ready, set it off
We 'bout to set it off,
Get ready to set it off (come on)
3, 2, 1, Uh
Ooh, yeah
Let's set this off !
Start a chain reaction
Never let it stop
Let's set it off
Let's set it off (oh yeah)
Let's set this off
You can make it happen
With everything you got
Let's set it off
Get ready, set it off (come on)
We 'bout to set it off (to the left)
Get ready, set it off (to the right)
We 'bout to set it off

Everyone bowed to us while we stood up on the balcony. Everyone cheered as the fireworks continued to go off. Finally, it was over or so we thought. Oh, I was having so much fun that I almost forgot. You didn't think this was the end of the story, did you ?