The Anaki Prophecy ~ Ch.16

“Tyler?” I worriedly asked him as he stared forward blankly.  “Tyler?” 

                “So all those stories they teach about the Anaki,” Tyler took a deep breath, turning on the couch in Preston’s den to look at me, “All those stories and then some, are true?” 

                “I didn’t believe it myself,” I sighed, “But Tyler, they are.  This village, these people, Uncle John, Mom, us,” I gently touched his hands, “We’re all proof that they were real and that they aren’t dead.” 

                “So all these people can do,” he searched for the words, “magic?” 

                “In a sense, yes,” I nodded.

                “There’s no possible way,” he shook his head, “There is no logical explanation for this.  Everything has a logical explanation.”  I could tell his mind was coming undone as his world was falling apart.  “So you’ve seen them do magic?” 

                “Tyler,” I gently told him, “I’ve seen them and they have taught me.” 

                “No,” Tyler shook his head, “Why would they save you, why would they teach you?”

                “Because,” I sighed, “I’m Alexandria of the prophecy.” 

                “What prophecy?” he demanded. 

                “The one that states I am the people’s only hope against the Daraks,” I strongly answered, “And you are tied into that hope whether you want to be or not.” 

                “How am I tied into it?” he questioned. 

                “Mom and Uncle John were the only two children of the Chief,” I explained, “John does not want to be chief, and you are the only remaining direct male heir to the throne.” 

                “What are you saying?” he asked.  

                “That when Chief Cartu dies, you are the next chief,” I took a deep breath. 

                “You’re making all this up,” Tyler said, “You’ve hit your head and think you’re living in some fantasy land.” 

                “Tyler, I’m not making it up,” I swore, “Every word is true.” 

                “Prove it,” he demanded. 

                I took a deep breath.  Flicking my finger as the candle on the table, I softly spoke, “Banza.”  Before our eyes a flickering light grew on the end of the wick, lighting the area around it.  “Salade,” I spoke next and the water in the bowl on the table danced through the air as I moved my hands in the motion.  It lightly danced around the fire, then rushed through it, extinguishing the flame before pouring itself back into the bowl.   Light smoke rose from where the fire had once been.  “Palamore,” I softly spoke, gently wafting my hand.  A breeze picked up in the room where no breeze should be and carried the little bit of smoke out the window.  “Now do you believe me?” I asked a wide eyed Tyler. 

                “So,” he gulped, “I can do that too?” 

                “No,” I shook my head, “Maybe?  You can do some magic but we don’t know what yet and it won’t be the same or as much as mine because you are not the Great Sorceress.”