"What do you mean why?" spoke Corpse before pausing, he swallowed nervously. "We can't just do that now. I mean it's only been a day since we started this thing." rambled Corpse

"We can't share a bed?"

"That's not- what."

"You thought I meant- Oh my. I'm so sorry I just meant we could share the bed."

"You can't share a bed with just anyone." scolded Corpse

"You're not just anyone." corrected Mei.

"Stop." mumbled Corpse

"You're thee Corpse Husband!" She ruined the moment.

"You're sleeping on the sofa." He spoke with a deadpan tone. Before he rose up from the sofa, their hands leaving each other.

"No I'm not."

"We're not sleeping in the same bed!"

"Why not?!"

"It's too soon."

"I didn't take you to be the type that waits."

"Hm?"

"I mean, last time when we- the first time we-"

"Mei." He choked out.

"What?"

"Too soon."

"Sorry." apologized Mei, maybe she had taken it too far. He looked at her, confusion clear in his eyes before walking off. Assuming he had gone to bring her a blanket, Mei felt something heavy press onto her chest. Her eyes started to water but tears wouldn't drop.

He soon came back with a pillow and blanket in hand. Corpse handed them over to her. She took it out of his hands slowly, not daring to make eye contact.

"Goodnight." spoke Corpse, after giving her a friendly pat on her shoulder. She stayed quiet, he sighed before kneeling. "I love you, okay? But we can't. Not now." He reassured her, her head fell down. Her eyes staring at her feet, embarrassed with herself. He turned to leave but she quickly grabbed onto his wrist.

"I'm scared of the dark." She explained, shamefully. "And I know I'm like twenty-one now but-" She started but he stopped her

"I'm not judging you." He replied "I could keep the lights on from the kitchen If you'd like." Corpse offered but she shook her head.

"It's fine." spoke Mei after realizing her feelings were silly. She couldn't be hurt by something so minuscule as this.

"Talk to me." Corpse spoke swiftly. He took the blanket and pillow from her hands, setting them aside. Before lightly pushing her back down onto the sofa and joining her.

"I can't."

"You can." He corrected her. She parted her lips, confused with herself.

"I just want you by my side, tonight." She spoke, cool air hitting them. Soon her watery eyes, dripped. He quickly wiped the tear away. Catching the rest with his finger. He brushed her hair away from her face, looking at her worryingly.

"What happened Mei. Tell me."

"I would do the same."

"What?"

"You know when I said, I was thinking if I'd do the same as her... in the movie we watched?"  She spoke.

"Yeah?"

"I would."

"Why are you crying?" He asked but she didn't reply instead she smiled. Tears still running down her face. "I think I would too." He added quietly. Still brushing her tears away. He bit into the side of his bottom lip softly, trying to understand why she would cry over this.

"That's not why I'm crying though." She read his thoughts.

"Huh?"

"Can I sleep with you now?" asked Mei blankly. Corpse choked on air.

"Stop saying it like that!" groaned Corpse

"I want to cuddle." She pouted. He didn't respond instead he wrapped his arms around her. She embraced him back happily.

"You happy now?" He asked

"Not If you let me go." She mumbled into his chest.

"You're such a handful." He teased

"Mmm." hummed Mei tiredly. After a few minutes of them embracing one another and whispering sweet words... Mei found the courage to plant a kiss on his lips.

"Yeah?" He asked, his eyes stuck on her lips.

"Yeah." She whispered

He leaned in slowly, Mei waited for their lips to touch. And they met for the second time. It was as If their lips were greeting each other.

The kiss was innocent, not like the last time. It was a kiss far greater than last time.

Acknowledgment.
Acknowledging that they're here, together. And that they'd always have each other to rely on.

Even when misunderstandings occur, they'll find their way back to each other.

All the overthinking, didn't matter anymore.

Light & soft lips brushing against each other.

The feeling of warmth creeping on her cheeks. She felt safe and secure with him as did he with her.

Reminiscing all the times that led to where they were today. From being number neighbors to becoming lovers. Everything that was said and done... that caused them to fall in love.

They'd do everything and anything for each other. And this kiss was proof of it.

She slid her arm around his neck. Making sure their lips never part for more than a split second. His hand landed on her waist, keeping her in place. The kiss was slow and gentle.

"Corpse." She murmured against his lips.

"Mm?" He hummed, not breaking the kiss.

"I love you too."

He broke the kiss at her words.

"You're an idiot." snickered Corpse

"What's so funny?" She asked, disappointed the kiss had ended.

"It's just- I never thought we'd be here." He gave her a soft smile, his dark doe eyes filled with awe.

"That's why you decided to break the kiss?" groaned Mei as Corpse chuckled. She leaned back, initiating the kiss again.