2|| THE FACES OF REGRET- THE ONE WHO TRIED TO STAY

Start from the beginning

I left the poor guy with his mouth wide open. His face was shocked, and he was about to have a heart attack. Desperate situations need desperate measures.

***
I have no plans of seeing that billionaire heir for an asshole again. My life needs saving right now. Seeing his assistant today reminded me of dollar signs. I guess hell heard my prayer. I will not keep this pregnancy for sure. But I don't have any choice since I need money before I can work again.

The Cid Waldon. I met him four months ago. He came with a bunch of spoilt rich A-holes in one fashion show I walked on. One model invited me to join them as they went to the bar. I went with them for free drinks and hoped more modeling agencies would be interested in me if the press saw me with the infamous heir.

I may be a lingerie model, but I have Jonas, my steady boyfriend, or should I say, ex-boyfriend. We've been living together for almost a year now. It isn't my style to hook up when I'm in a steady relationship. So I made an exception to join the playboy billionaire's group that night. It was for my career. I was hoping for exposure.

But his image was a piled-up mess. It won't surprise me if he can't remember me. He was dead drunk. The moment we rode his party limousine, he jugged alcohol like his mouthwash in the morning and water supply for his lifetime. Before we got off the limo, he was a walking dead. I was the only one sober when midnight came. That's when Cid's phone rang, and since he was drunk as fuck, I took the call for him.

"Cid, what the hell? Where are you, man? I already checked half of the bars here in New York!"

"Hello! Who's this?"

"Excuse me! Who is this? Where is Cid?"

"I'm Courtney. He is too drunk right now. I answered his phone for him."

"Are you in a hotel or a bar, Miss?"

"Excuse me too! How about we come from the hotel and are in the bar now? Does that work for you? Jerk!"

"Well, thank you, Miss! Just text me which bar, and please do me a favor and keep him there until I come to get him. And Thank you!"

He was an asshole. They both were. When Cid saw me with his phone in hand, he yelled at me and accused me of stealing his phone. I knew he was too drunk to think right, but the payback is a bitch. His assistant looked at me as well as if I was a hoe. I bet he's too rich to feel the loss of whatever amount I can get from him.

***

As I expected, the assistant who introduced himself as Rick messaged me just hours after we met outside Tiffany's.

RICK: 12 NN tomorrow at the Garden Four Seasons. No press.

COURTNEY: Got it, asshole!

***

I came on time. The script I wrote in my mind last night was ready for execution. I did some research on the latest news about Cid. To play my part flawlessly is my goal. It will be a sure hit that I will get something. Online articles said he is in a serious relationship with a flower shop employee. Surprising! I don't think he would want to jeopardize his romance. Not with a pregnancy issue. Today is my lucky day!