chapter eighteen | greenie and catastrophic

Começar do início

'what the hell' i thought.

I looked at newt's face for his reaction. he looked numb, not showing any sign of emotion.

"do you know her?" thomas asked the question for me. he just shook his head, while looking at her.

what if he does know her? what if he forgets me to be with her? what if they were something before the glade?

those questions flooded my head. to be honest, the only thing that seems to be happening is questions, that can't be answered, always repeat in my head.

i don't wanna be here when the girl is there. there's just something about her that i cant put my finger on. honestly, i hate not knowing things.

so i left

"y/n" i heard newt say, whilst jumping out the box. i carried on walking. i didn't wanna see him, let alone talk to him. yet, i don't actually know if it's his fault, but i ain't risking it.
"y/n!" i heard newt say, louder this time.

"what?" i asked, turning around to look at him.

"i don't know her," was all he said. but the face he was pulling, said anything but truth. it looked like guilt.

"sure," i said, turning my back on him and walked away. my name repeated from his mouth as i walked.

TIME SKIP, AN HOUR LATER

it's been around an hour since i talked to newt. i'm still confused as to why the hell a greenie has come less than a month after me. and it's a shucking girl!

i kept thinking over and over again, the same thoughts repeated.

but then, i heard something. it was almost like shouting.

'what the hell' i thought, as i got up and walked out of my hut to see the commotion.

the treehouse

there she was. above, at the top of the treehouse, throwing things at the gladers down below.

who does she think she is?

"leave me alone!" she shouted, whilst throwing rocks and all sorts.

'woah' and 'shucking hell' are the words the gladers kept shouting, blocking the objects with wooden planks to protect their heads.

"hey, if you throw one more of those things i'll-" gally began shouting when she threw a rock directly on top of his head.

'okay, that's fine' i giggled at her sudden throw.

"i don't think she likes us very much," newt said, while covering his head.

'no shit' i thought, and went under the same plank as tommy. someone has to stop this klunk. and that someone is me.

"woah, hey, it's y/n. it's y/n," i said, as i walked out of the wooden plank and uncovered my head with my arm. then the greenie poked her head from the top of the tower so i could see her black head of hair.

"i'm gonna come up, okay?" i asked, more as a statement. faintly, i could see her nod her head.
"just me" i finished, more looking towards newt.

i was walking up the wooden ladders, goose bumps appearing cause i don't know what to expect.

"i'm nearly there!" i shouted, a few steps from the top. finally, i made it to the trap door that was easy to open.

then i saw it

the newbie, holding a knife, pointing it at me

oh shuck

"woah hey!" i began, holding my hand out in front of me reassuringly.