Chapter Twenty-One

Start from the beginning

Ugh. Great. I was pushing away the only person I could trust in my life, other than Charlie of course. Harry has always been one to look out for me. He wouldn't judge me or call me crazy. So why was I so scared to let him in? Let anyone for that matter. 

"Wait," I called out needing him to hear me out, finally. He turned around but didn't walk back towards me. Instead, he waited until I said something more leaving the ball in my hand. I stepped forward and stopped right in front of him, holding the gaze of his green eyes. "I'm sorry," I started, not knowing where else to start. "I hate that I burden you and Charlie with my troubles." 

"You're not-" I held my finger upon his lips to stop him from interrupting me further. I needed to get this off my chest before I completely freeze up and scare myself out of it.

"I know that I may not seem like a burder to you or Charlie, but to me that's how I feel. Ever since the accident, I feel different. I am different. I know I am. Hell, if you told me that I would be one of the founders of a this new foundation, I would tell you that you were crazy and ask what pills you were taking so I could take some," I chuckled dryly at how I used to be, who I didn't want to turn back into. "I know that ever since the accident, things are going to change. Things have changed. You have become a constant in my life now and I thank you for that but I can't shake the thought that you see me as this fragile China and I hate that I am a constant bother for you and Charlie." 

"Hey," Harry pressed his hand against my cheek and made sure to keep constant eye contact to make sure that the next words he said got through to me. "You are not a bother to me, nor to Charlie. Nothing has changed other than the fact that you are. You're choosing better choices. You're becoming a better person. But I have always worried about you," he stated. He paused, now having his own internal dilemma. He looked down on the floor now, not able to stare into my eyes. "Yo-you're always on my mind, Alex. You're important to me," he brought his eyes back up and I saw true sincerity in them. Love was evident. "And when I heard that you were in the accident with Tyler. I couldn't bring myself out of my room. The lads can vouch for that," he chuckled but turned serious once more. "You're important to me and I can't lose you again." He stressed before bringing me into a tight embrace. 

We stood in each other's embrace for what seemed like hours but when we finally pulled away Harry did something that I did not see coming. His confession was something that I was used to. Harry always wore his heart on his sleeves and he was a loving person, even to friends, but when he brought his lips upon my cheek, centimeters from my lips, I instantly froze. I had no clue how to respond to that!

"Sweet dreams, Alex."

With that, he walked towards the elevator in almost a hastily manner. I stood there, still frozen, as I watched him escape into the elevator and vanish once the door closed on him. Not once did he look up from the floor.

I was able to function after a couple of minutes, standing alone in the hallway was a little awkward, I opened the door to my room to find Charlie fast asleep on the couch. The TV was still on as he snored the night away. I couldn't help but chuckle at the sight of his mouth wide opened, drool cascading down the side of mouth.

It was an adorable, and embarrassing, picture moment for him. 

I took a few pictures before I grabbed a blanket from the closet and draped it over his body gently. I placed a chaste kiss upon his forehead and whispered a goodnight. I walked to my room and closed the door behind me preparing for the night.

"Sweet dreams, Alex."

His words echoed in my head. 

Oh how his words carried way more weight than he imagined. After the events that happened in the past few hours, I was sure my subconscious had dreams set in store for me once I closed my eyes. I kind of had a gut feeling that the spitfire Sofi Cabello was going to visit my night sleep.