she makes my knees weak

Beginne am Anfang

this house is really cozy so far.

"so uhh, you can go back to my bedroom, second door on the right, i gotta go check on my dad." she informs, pointing down a hallways towards a door.

"why do you have to check on your dad?" i ask, hoping i'm not intruding.

"oh, he has dementia. he's in the stage where he can't do anything for himself. he has a nurse but she's a bitch so i have to make sure she did what she was supposed to do." she explains.

"billie, i'm so sorry—
"no, don't be. i don't need pity."

i awkwardly walk down the hall, into her bedroom. the rest of the house smelled like a nice family home, whilst her bedroom reeked of weed.

i look through the crack of the door and see her walking into her dads room, to his side of the bed.

"she didn't even feed you." she grumbles. she feeds him through what i'm assuming is his feeding tube, also flushing it out so it's not dirty.

"what record do you wanna play today, dad?" she asks, going over to a shelf full of vinyls.

"julie london sounds nice doesn't it?" she smiles, pulling out a julie london record.

she sets up the record player, walking back up to her dad and kissing his forehead.

"i gotta go, there's a hot girl waiting for me in my bedroom."

i smile and quickly sit down on her bed, so she doesn't know i was peeking at her.

she walks in and closes the door, letting out a sigh as she plops down on her bed.

"...am i tutoring you today?" i ask, trying to fill the awkward silence.

"nah, i think i'm good today. i just wanted to hang out with you, you're a cool person." she compliments.

"so, tell me about yourself, ms.popular." i joke, and she chuckles breathily.

"i'm not really that interesting to be honest." she admits. "of course you are, tell me about yourself." i pat her shoulder, standing up to get a closer look at the stuff around her room.

she starts talking about some of her interests, as i run my fingers over the slightly dusty dresser in her bedroom.

i spot a jewelry box, and i open it to see what kind of jewelry she has in here.

i don't find any jewelry, but i do find an unscrewed pencil sharpener and a bottle of lexapro.

i quickly close it, not trying to invade on something so serious.

"i'm also gay, most people don't know though." she confesses, making me laugh.

"billie, i knew that. i have a great gaydar, and i'm not an idiot." i brush off.

"so what about your mom, is she at work or something?" i ask, sitting down next to her.

i watch her facial expression change, and i knew i shouldn't have asked that.