MJ made sure to call her Dad once in a while. She'd finally stopped hating him and they managed to have longer and more meaningful conversations. She'd made a pact to herself to quit accepting his monetary gifts and mindlessly buying stuff she didn't need just to feel better about their relationship.

Summer was nearly over and she didn't want it to end. It'd been some of the best months of her whole life.

MJ was in her seat now, staring down the aisle like everybody else was. She thought it was cute that Peter was going to be the one to walk May down it - they would appear any second now. The ceremony was being held in a deep green garden with a stone walkway that ran down the middle of it. The wedding colors were blush pink, white and emerald - MJ had suggested this combination.

It had been a little cloudy but the sun was starting to poke through the sky now. Softly lit lanterns were placed near every row of seats and there was a wooden arch at the altar, decorated with the same flowers MJ had in her bouquet. White tassels hung down from it and it was wrapped all around with lights. Happy was stood underneath it near his younger brother who was the best man, all dressed up in his suit and smiling nervously.

The string quartet started playing something that was harmonious and relaxing. MJ had seen May in her dress about a million times now but she still couldn't stop smiling as she saw her in it again.

She looked so beautiful, MJ thought. She was wearing an off-white lace dress with a plunge neck-line and cape-let flower embroidered sleeves. The dress went out into a mermaid shape at the bottom and May had paired it with gold heels. Her hair was done up into a crown braid with strands sticking out at the front and her veil covered her face slightly.

Peter walked beside May, his arm linked closely with hers. His dark brown curls were parted in the middle and he had a painstakingly new black suit on with an emerald handkerchief to match Happy's.

He caught MJ's glance now, his innocent brown eyes looking back at her. A smile crept onto his face and MJ knew he'd been looking around for her this whole time.

You're looking at me like that, again, Peter.

MJ didn't mind it. She never did...and she wasn't ready to admit it. In fact, she selfishly liked the idea of him being mesmerized by her.

She was kinda mesmerized by him too.

MJ opened the door slightly, inhaling sharply as she saw her mom's half-open Louis Vuitton suitcase on the floor. It was the messiest she'd ever seen her parents' room - clothes sprawled out all over the bed, drawers pulled out from the dresser, a good portion of the photo frames displaced from the walls.

Ally emerged from the bathroom now, carrying her makeup and toiletries in large clear bags. She stopped in her tracks and sighed when she saw MJ. She looked like she'd been crying. There was mascara on her face from the previous night and her short blonde hair was scattered. She was wearing sweats and a large grey hoodie.

"Mom?" MJ said quietly, biting her nail and looking back at the suitcase.

"MJ, honey..." Ally sighed again, zipping up the clear bags and throwing them on top of all the clothes in her suitcase. "Your dad's assistant is supposed to be taking you to that party-"

"I don't wanna go to the party, mom." MJ said, her voice shaking. "I already said that."

Ally didn't reply, tucking her hair behind her ears frantically. She grabbed a couple more things from her bedside table now - her wallet, what looked like a plane ticket and her reading glasses, before putting them in her handbag.