007┆chapter seven

Start from the beginning

"Looks like it's just me and you." Cassie told the girl as she picked her up and put her on her hip.

"That's okay." the girl smiled as she wrapped her arms around Cassie's neck, lightly kissing the teenager's cheek.

After ten minutes of playing hide and seek, the two girls sat on the couch, Claire curled into Cassie's side as they watched Beauty and the Beast. It was one of Cassie's favorite movies and Claire loved almost every animated movie. They were about twenty minutes in when the oven dinged and Cassie got up but Claire stayed on the couch while Cassie went to take the food out of the oven, before settling back into the couch when Claire.

.

.

.

.

.

.

▬▬ CASSIE SANG ALONG to the radio quietly as she pulled up to Emily's house, she put the truck in park and looked back at the little girl who was asleep in her carseat and she smiled. She opened the door and climbed down before pulling the seat forward and climbing into the back to unbuckle to the sleeping girl.

With an unconscious Claire and the bag of the kid's stuff she made her way towards the house she had been to a few times the past few weeks. She knocked before opening the sliding door and walking in.

"Hey, it's me." She called out and Emily walked over from the kitchen as Cassie carried Claire to the couch.

"I could've picked her up." The older woman told her, wiping her hands on a small dish towel.

"It's fine, I'm headed over to Jake's anyways, we're having Friendsgiving over there." Cassie told her as she carefully laid the sleeping girl on the couch and pulled a cover over her, then she let the bag fall off of her shoulder. 

"I hope she wasn't too much trouble."

"No, she was perfect." The teenager smiled. "She helped me with the food ― she's a good taste-tester." She chuckled. "Then we played hide and seek for a little bit, and watched a few movies, she even helped me pick an outfit." She motioned to her blue sweater, jeans, and converse.

"I'm glad." She smiled, looking from her niece to the girl that stood in front of her. "She really likes you."

"I really like her." Cassie smiled as she turned to look at the girl, she really did love the little girl and she liked watching her.

"Hey, what's Cassie's truck doing-" Paul stopped when his eyes landed on the owner of the truck, the girl rolled her eyes before looking back at Emily as Sam and Jared followed the boy into the house.

"I better get going." Cassie managed a smile. "If I'm late Jake will kill me." she laughed a little before Emily pulled her into a hug.

"Thanks again." The older woman smiled as the separated. "I owe you."

"No, you don't. I love watching her." Cassie gave her a smile before she bent down and softly kissed Claire's forehead, then she walked over to the door. "Jared." She nodded at the boy, they knew each other in passing.

"Hey, Cassie." He waved, cutting his eyes over to Paul to see his hands balled into fist; Cassie had walked by him without even sparing him a glance.

"Sam." She gave him a smile and he returned it before she walked out the door, but she stopped and ducked her head back in. "Claire's car seat is in my truck, if one of you-"

༘ ⊹ ࣪ ˖𐙚❙ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐒. new moon₁On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara