Where it all started

I woke up to my parents fighting again. I rolled my eyes and got dressed. If it couldn't get worse I have to wear a uniform to school.

''This day isn't going to be good, I can just tell,"I say to myself.

Then,I go down stairs to get breakfast, putting on my headphones so I don't hear the yelling. I think"Will this ever end," my face saddens while I grab pieces of bread to make myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I finish making my sandwich and start eating it while I head out the door saying bye, even though I know no one can hear me.

I'm walking and remembering that I need to be careful because of all these cracks and holes. I think confidently"Good thing I memorized where every nook and crann-.''I suddenly feel like I'm falling. I scream at the top of my lungs.I black out due to not being able to breath right, I wake up and see a girl hovering over me.

''Do you think she's alive," the girl says.''I don't know how I can tell if she's dead," another girl says.''Calm down you two we need to be patient," I hear a boy's voice say. I say"who are you".The girl hovering over me suddenly jumps back at my voice.

I start sitting up and look around me to see a pack of "FLYING SHEEP!", What are those I thought they only existed in fantasy books.''WHAT IS THIS PLACE AND WHY AM I HERE," I say with tons of mixed emotions.

''Wow can't even be grateful we saved you," the one girl said while leaning on a tree.

''This is the land felian, are you from one of the other sections," the girl that was hovering over me asks.''The land of what and what other sections''. They all look shocked at what I said, then I feel something grab my wrist and pull me in the air.'WHAT DO YOU MEAN, HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW WHAT THE LAND OF FELIAN IS." The girl leaning on the tree suddenly gets up, while the girl hovering over me says,"Zera stop"!, Then I feel something wrap around my neck,which causes me to hold my breath.

I start feeling dizzy but then I see the boy run past me.I could breath again and my wrist didn't feel like it had any pressure on it. The boy catches me saying,"are you ok".

I think about what just happened...."I-I'm fine," I say while laughing nervously.''Good, now have you not heard of the five sections," the boy says calmly.''I have no Idea," I say nervously not really knowing what to say.

''That's ok and call me Eugene''. I nod my head up and down. He sets me down and starts grabbing some rocks and sticks off the ground.

The so-called "Zera '' climbed on a tree, facing away from me. The other girl climbed on another tree, this time facing me.

Eugene comes back with 6 sticks and five rocks." The five sections are how we sort out what kind person or thing you are," he says, placing the sticks in a formation so that the sticks make five sections. Eugene place's one rock in one of the sections.

"This section is the section we are in right now, the green unit," he explains. I tilt my head to the side a little. Eugene chuckles a little,"The green unit is where the people with earth elements come and they can either become an earth fairy or not a fairy just somebody with their earth powers' '. It took a second to process what he just said.''I'm so-sorry but did you say powers, like are they powerful or they like have magic powers' '. As I say that my eyes continue to grow because of how shocked I am.''The second choice, I'll show you mine after I'm done explaining," Eugene says.

I just nod in response.''Now most people grow to be fairies but about 30% of people also become normal," he picks up another rock and places it in another one of the sections.

''This is the red unit, the red unit is consisted of the fire fairies and fire people, this is the most common unit for people to be put into," Eugene explains.

''Yea I lost my best friend cause she got put into the fire unit," the girl facing us says.''Oh yea I never told you my name, its Ari," she says quickly.

''Nice to meet you I don't think I introduced myself either, i'm Ivy," I tell them.''Lovely name and the one over there is Zera," Eugene says pointing to the girl who was facing away from us. I nod." Again back to what I was saying," Eugene says placing a rock in the third section.

''This section is the blue unit, the unit where the water fairies and people are placed, this is less common but still in the common category.''(Ice is included in water)

He places another rock in the fourth section.''This is the white unit, Air fairies and people are placed here, these ones are the same common type as the blue unit," he explains.

Eugene places the last rock in the fifth section.''This is the last unit/section the rare one to get, this unit is the gray unit, people and fairies in this unit have two powers light and dark," he starts to explain.''Some fairies or people could be born with just dark or some with just light and the most rare are people born with both," Eugene says.''But that's like 2% chance of that happening," Ari says butting in.

"True," he says. I look around me and take in my surroundings. There's flying sheep, super green grass, forest, and mushrooms.

Smiling big, I say,"This place is beautiful ''. Ari comes down from the tree and says,"I know right and get this, I've lived half my life here". She had a big smile on her face while saying that. I giggle slightly.''What," Eugene asks."Oh nothing," I tell him.

Eugene just nods in response. Ari then looks like she had a light bulb pop up.''Eugene can they live with us," Ari asks Eugene while looking excitedly at him.

"Hm I don't know, they're a human and were not supposed to interact with them remember," Eugene says looking down. Ari's face drops but then back in a smile.''What if we keep it a secret," she says.

A laugh could be heard from the tree that zera sat on. She gets off the tree and says,"Why would I keep a secret about a lazy human". I roll my eyes and scoff. Zera glares at me.''For 1 i'm not lazy, second-", I started saying.

''Calm down, there's no need to fight ok, also I told you I would show you my powers, so let me show you," Eugene said.

Suddenly I saw a trees branch start to move and come towards me. The branch picks me up gently and raises me in the air. Then another branch moves and tries to hit me. I shriek slightly, ducking so the branch doesnt hit me.

''Oops sorry, guess my aim was off," Zera says smirking. Glaring at her, eugene nudges zera silently telling her to stop. She rolls her eyes and starts walking away.

"Where are you going," Ari asks running up to her."I'm going back to the house and i don't care if you bring that human with us," Zera replies and keeps walking.

My eyes widened, surprised that she said I could stay. I looked over at ari, she was jumping up and down saying 'yes' or 'lets go' stuff like that.

Eugene put me down saying sorry and I said that it was ok. Ari runs over to me grabbing my arms and saying,"you get to stay, isn't that exciting". I nod yes like a million times cause i'm also as happy as her.

Eugene chuckles and says,"Calm down you two, your so hyper". While he said that eugene got in the middle of me and ari putting his arms around us. Then we started to walk to where my new home will be.
-----------------------------------------------------
Word count:1398(not including a/n)
First chapter, pog. Chapter 2 will take a long time so please be patient. Also I was thinking of doing a chapter on where, I think the characters would look like but that's up to you.

Thank you so much for reading the first chapter of my new book, I hope you enjoyed and stay healthy and drink water. Byeeee