Friable

Friable: easily broken into pieces or reduced to nothing

Athena Pov

"Bae i'm scared what if they don't accept me?" I said crying while melody was helping me calm down.

"If they don't accept you then fuck them, you got your sister, your cousin, me and your friends that will accept you." she replied.

"Okay i think i'm ready." I said while drying my tears and grabbing my phone."

I click on my moms contact and waited until she picked up the phone. I already knew her and my dad are together at home so I don't need to tell them separately.

"Hey honey how are you?" My mom asked while answering the phone.

"I'm good mom how are you and dad?"

"Oh we good I just finished cooking and were  just sitting down watching tv."

" Okay i have something important to tell you guys can you put your phone on speaker."

"Yea your on speaker now honey."

"Hey honey" i heard my dad say.

"Hey daddy i miss you guys."

" I miss you to" I heard both of my parents

" Okay um, I li- like girls" I said nervously. After i had said that the line was silent i started crying thinking that my parents would not accept me and disown me.

I heard both of my parents start laughing making me cry more.

"Are you serious Athena?" My mother said.

"Yes." I cried.

"Athena what have gotten into you? Huh?" My father said.

"What do you mean I'm gay I like girls, what do you want me to do?" I said crying.

"Lose our numbers, your a disgrace. If you think we would've been ok with this you must've lost your damn mind." My father said hanging up.

I just started crying even more, my own parents really?

"I knew it now they hate me." I said looking up at Melody while I laid in her lap.

"Like I said fuck them, you don't need them."

I got off her lap and stood up.

"Well whose going to pay for my college tuition Melody??!" I said yelling.

"Whose going to pay for my car and dorm???, where am I going to stay Melody."

"I-

"You know what imma just go." I said while grabbing my things.

"Wait did I say something wrong?" Melody said standing up.

"No I just want to be alone right now, I'll talk to you later." I said walking out her door.
————————————————————
I got to Adah's place to find Sarai in the couch. Adah wasn't here she was editing a design at her office.

"Hey." Sarai said.

"Hey." I said sitting besides her.

"What's up? Why you look so down? She asked.

"I told my mom and dad, and they basically cut me off." I said about to cry all over again.

"Awwww Cmere." Sarai said pulling me into a hug. I cried more.

I heard the door open and close

"Hey yall I -

"What's going on?" Adah said walking over to us.

"She told y'all's mom and dad, they cut her off." Sarai said.

"What???" Adah said as she sat besides me and comforted me.

"Don't worry since they decided that they are going to cut you off I gotchu, college n all." Adah said.

"Thanks adah." I quietly said.

"Np boo, now stop crying I brought y'all some food." Adah said.

"Did you and trey work things out?" Sarai asked.

"Yea we good now, he left this morning." Adah said.

"I'm not really hungry, I'm going to sleep." I said.

"Alright boo, I'll just put you food in the fridge." Adah said.

"K thanks."

I walked to one of the guest rooms and laid on the bed thinking how my parents just easily cut me off today.

Wow.
————————————————————