Chapter 20

I quickly freshen up and change into a pair of jeans and a long sleeved top since it's probably going to be cold outside. I grab my phone and my purse just in case and run downstairs. I leave a note to Fallon saying, 

I'm out of the house, I'll be back soon. 

With that, dial Edward's number and walk out of the front door. Just as I lock the door Edward's car pulls up. Good timing, Eddie. I walk over to his car, getting in the passenger seat. For a moment I forget all that awkwardness that has been going on for the past few days. 

"I was going to do that for you." He says just as I get in and put the seatbelt on. 

"That's ok," I replied. "So, what's up? Are you ok?" I ask him. He sighs, shaking his head. 

"I um- I'll tell you all about that there." He says and starts the car. 

We were both silent for most part of the drive except for the slow music playing on his radio. He always plays slow songs and those kinda are ones that you could just listen to over and over again. For almost the whole journey my forehead was leaning against the window just staring at the moving trees and a few buildings. 

"Um Eddie? Are we there yet?" I asked him after a long time. 

"Not yet, love" he just answered, his eyes on the road. 

I sat back and thought of napping for a while. And just like that I was out like a bulb. 

-

*Edward's POV*

I was entering the gravel road which means we're here. I had to drive slowly because she had fallen asleep and I didn't want her waking up to me driving fast on a gravel road. So I drive slowly along the road and minutes later I park the car on the grass side. We're here. Now all I've got to do is wake her up. How, is the question. 

"Hey, we're here..." I gently moved her hair out of her face. Nope that didn't wake her up though. "Liya? You awake?" I softly spoke moving a little closer to her. That woke her up I guess because the next thing I'm seeing is she slowly trying to open her eyes. 

"Have we arrived?" Her sleepy voice spoke. 

"Yeah. Here, have some water." I hand her my bottle of water and get out of the car to walk over to her side. I go to open the door for her but she has already gotten out of the car and is looking around the place. 

"This way" I hold her hand leading her further to the place I always come to whenever I feel like I need some time alone. But now, I want her to know how much she means to me and that is why I brought her here, so I could tell her about my feelings for her. I just hope that part goes well. I've never never brought anyone out here. I've always made sure nobody comes to know about this place, call that being childish, but that's how I wanted it to be. I first started coming out here when my dad passed away. He told me about this place and I've been coming here ever since. I feel some sort of a connection being around here. 

"Wow" she says and I smile. I knew she'd like this place. I could already picture her seated on the grass with a book. 

"There's a little bit of walking to do" I say and lead her along the grassy pathway. "This way" we walk to the wooded area and I observe her taking in her surroundings. "Watch your step" I tell her and help her up the wooden bridge that leads to the lake.  "How'd you like it out here?" I ask her as we walk on the bridge. 

"It's beautiful!" She says with the most beautiful smile. 

"I'm glad you like it" I give her a smile. Soon the lake that surrounded the concrete island came into view and I started getting a little hesitant. I could see admiring the place which is a good sign but I'm still nervous for later.