"I- I shouldn't have lashed out the way I did... it was uncalled for," I hang my head in shame. "I should have-"

"Ignored it?" Alisha finishes the sentence. "Ignoring things will only make matters worse Violet, take it from me when I say you can only run for so long. Eventually, everything you keep bottled up will explode hurting not just yourself but those around you."

"You sound just like my aunt..."

"Your aunt is a wise woman," she chuckles. "I will admit I was a bit shocked at what I heard on the news but whatever happened or happens between you and my brother is strictly your business, I won't interfere."

"Thank you, Alisha..."

"But I do have one thing to ask you," she says.

"Which is?"

The elevator dings and the doors open, Alisha steps out but turns back to look at me.

"Are you willing to fight for him?"

I gaze at her confused.

"With this news breaking out, it's only a matter of time before things start getting out of control and before someone tries to get in your way, so if that were to happen would you fight for him?"

"I..."

Before I could finish my sentence the elevator doors close and the last thing I see is Alisha's smile.

What on earth did she mean by that? Why would I need to fight for Riven? Or who?

As I reach Riven's office floor I get off the elevator and hear arguing.

Huh? Isn't it too early for fighting?

I quietly walk closer and saw Riven speaking with his stepmother...

What is she doing here?

"I already told you I won't go along with this, you're wasting your time," Riven aggressively says. "If you don't have anything better to do with your time then leave."

"How dare you speak to me that way," she shouts. "You better remember your place, you're nothing more than your father's illegitimate bastard, you're lucky you even have a place in his company let alone his life!"

"At least I have a reason to be in his life, all you've ever done is use him for his money and name," Riven scoffs turning away from her.

I watch as she grabs Riven by his shoulder, spinning him to look at her, and slaps him.

SMACK!

"You disrespectful ingrate! You will do as you're told because I don't care about what you think!" she says getting into his face! "That woman isn't worth anything and will play no value in this family, if you know what's good for you and this family, you'll leave her immediately!"

Leave her...? Was she talking about me?

"And I told you I will do no such thing," Riven says as he shoves her hand away from him. "Violet means a lot to me and I won't have you or your obsession with power take that from me."

"You think I care about your little love story?" she says mocking him. "That girl feels nothing for you, just like your little girlfriend before. If I wave money or fame in front of her face she'll leave you and betray that pathetic heart of yours. You might be a Danton by blood, but your belief in love is what makes you weak, just like your mother! Remember this Riven, the moment I came back into your father's life and threatened to take everything from him, he abandoned that so-called love, didn't he?"