He quickly reached for it. Who knows it might be from Kai?

But instead his eyes flashed a disappointment when an unknown number was shown on the screen. He sighed as his finger slid to open the text.

"Huh?"

A gasped escaped his lips as soon as he opened the text. It was not true, it can't be true.

From: Unknown

[Picture]

Gotta say your husband is really amazing! We really had a good time ;)

It was-

He could see a woman lying down beside a sleeping Kai on the bed. They looked intimate.

There were no words he could utter at the moment with his eyes still widened in surprise. The cellphone slowly slid down from his hand and fall on the seat.

"Mom?"

Taeyong furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as soon as he opened the car door. He could see his mom was there, froze in his seat while covering his face.

He got into the car and closed the door. "Mom, what's wro-

His eyes glanced at the phone on the seat and took it to see what could possibly make Sehun like this. 

"What is this?!"

His loud voice startled Sehun, he just noticed Taeyong was already in the car and was holding his phone with a furious look.

He snatched the phone away from him. "Taeyong, when did you get in?," he forced a smile on his face.

Taeyong huffed in anger. "Who send that to you, Mom?!," he exclaimed.

He knew that woman. She was the same woman with his father, the one that made him left them alone.

Sehun sighed. "Taeyong, you don't have to think about this," he said. "I-I will settle this-

"Settle? Mom, I swear I will never let anyone make you suffer anymore," he stated firmly. "Even if that person is Dad!"

Sehun huffed. "Let's just go home. We will talk about this later," he mentioned.

Taeyong sighed the deeply. This was definitely not good.

xxx

Kai released a heavy sigh as soon as his car stopped at the area of his house. It was good to finally be home but the thought of this morning was haunting him.

He shook his head to get rid of the thoughts and got out from his car. He looked around but somehow the atmosphere felt tense and cold.

He could see Sehun's car was already in the driveway which meant he was already home. 

Kai calmed down for a second when he reached the door and curled up a smile before knocking on it, opening the door with his key.

But silence and darkness welcomed him instead of the smile of his husband and his son which he hoped to see. 

"Sehun? Taeyong?," he called out their name.

Few minutes after Taeyong appeared with fully-dressed, approaching him with his cold stares. "You are back?," he asked.

Kai frowned. "Yeah, I'm back," he smiled towards him. 

"Where are you going? You are well dressed," the elder asked. He was hoping his gut was not true about these whole things.

Taeyong snorted. "Grandpa's. We will be staying there for a while," he replied.

Kai was dumbfounded by the answer. Did what he think was actually true?

"Taeyong, what happened? Why do you guys suddenly-

"What happened? Seriously?," Taeyong scoffed afterwards. "You know what happened, what you did," he snapped.

Kai could feel his heart was beating furiously. No, No, this could not be happening!

"What do you mean? Taeyong please, tell me properly what is happening," he pleaded, looking so frustrated.

Taeyong huffed. "A woman send a picture of you two on the bed, together," he explained. "I don't think you need to explain anymore."

Kai's eyes widened in shock. He swore he never do anything with her!

"Listen, you need to let me explain everything."

"Taeyong, have you-

Sehun was surprised to be seeing Kai standing in the living room with Taeyong. He thought they could leave before he reached home.

"Sehun, please," Kai walked towards him, reached for his hands. "You can't possibly believe the picture more than me," he uttered desperately.

Instead of crying, Sehun looked up with a sad smile. "It's fine. I'm used to this, Kai," he replied, pulling away his hands from Kai.

"No, please. I and her, we never do anything," his eyes began to fill with tears. 

Sehun turned to the side, avoiding looking directly at him. "I thought you were different," he muttered under his heavy breath. 

"I trusted you."

Kai shook his head furiously. How could Sehun say these to him?

"I will be staying at my father's house with Taeyong. He is also will be having his midterms break so no need to worry about school," he stated and grabbed the bags towards the front door.

Kai could not believe what had just happened to him right now. He could not let Sehun go just like that.

"Sehun you can't just leave me like this. We need to talk, discuss these," he followed the latter, grabbing his arm to stop him.

Sehun sighed. "Please give me times to calm down. I really can't talk to you after what happened right now, I need times," he said.

With that Kai slowly released his grip. 

"Sehun, you do know I love you more than anything and I will never do this to you," he uttered sincerely.

Sehun nodded slowly. Without any words, he got into his car. He could see how the latter broke into tears once he was in the car.

"I told you I will never let anyone hurt my mom," he turned around to see Taeyong glaring at him. 

"Taeyong-

"I trust you and I hope all of these are not true,.......Mr Kim."

Kai could feel his heart clenched when he heard Taeyong calling him that. He flashed a painful look while only stared at the disappearing car from a far.

His body slowly slid down onto the floor, clinching his fist in anger.

In just a moment, all his happiness were gone. Here he now, being alone again.

--

Heyyy! Hope you like the story and thank you for always waiting!❤🤗