The poor girl didn't even know what was going on just below her feet. How could these people just commit murder in the same house they lived in? How could they go to sleep knowing that there were rotting corpses in the same building?

How could I do that?

I was in the kitchen, waiting for the servant to bring me my cold brew. I told him that I was very capable of getting it myself, but he insisted that I let him bring it to me. I couldn't say no to him.

"Bella! Just the Reilly I was looking for!" I heard a voice say from behind me.

My eyes rolled involuntarily. It was a natural reaction around this guy.

"There's only two of us." I turned around to see Julian. "Do you not have your own house to be in? Do you not have other workers to bother?"

"Yes, and yes." He laughed. "You're just my favourite to bug."

He was trying so hard to act like we were friends. Don't think I forgot about how he tried to drown me earlier this summer.

"What do you want from me?" I looked at him blankly. Whatever emotion I did show was pure annoyance.

"I was wondering if you'd like to work today? Do some interrogations maybe? You haven't been in the booth for a while." He leaned on the countertop.

"What if I had plans today?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Do you?" He countered.

Fuck.

"No." I clenched my jaw. "All I'm saying is that you can't just use me at your own convenience Hidalgo. I'm busy trying to get my own business back together."

"I thought that was your beloved Nathan's job?" He pondered. "Or is he pushing all the work on you?"

"He's not." I shook my head. "He's just been feeling under the weather lately. I've taken over some of his duties for the past few days, making phone calls and shit."

"Then why don't you take a break, do something you actually like. Interrogations, organizing, figuring out puzzles. Isn't that what you like to do Reilly?" Julian persuaded.

I took a course in rhetoric once. Julian is great at utilizing it.

"I do." I nodded. "Just not-"

"Great! I'll see you in an hour!" He confirmed then walked away briskly.

What a douchebag.

I didn't want to work for him anymore. He wasn't even holding up his end of the deal. What had Julian Hidalgo done for me in the past five months?

He had: bossed me around, tricked me into murdering people, sexually harassed me, held a gun to my throat, threatened my boyfriend, and hey let's not forget how he fucking pushed me into a pool and left me to drown.

He's a real catch, that one.

"Where are you going?" Niall asked me while he was laying in our bed watching some sort of golf videos on his phone.

"To work." I started to undress myself from my casual day outfit, which was a pair of jeans and a white camisole tank top.

"To work with..."

"Julian." I answered his unasked question.

"Hm." He brought his eyes back down to the small screen in front of him.

"What?" I turned to face him in my half unbuttoned pants and my lacy white bralette. "You're not going to bug me about it? You're not going to ridicule how I'm the one putting myself in this bad position? You're not even going to address the fact that I'm standing half naked in front of you?"