43.*

Song recommendation: What Kind Of Man by Florence + The Machine

Okay this chapter gets an author's note at the beginning.

This chapter will hurt you. Get a snack. Get comfy. Make sure you're hydrated.

There are mentions and implications of suicide in this chapter. Nothing is graphic though.

And for the fun stuff! This is the smuttiest chapter yet! IF YOU KNOW ME IN REAL LIFE, FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING GOOD IN THE UNIVERSE NO YOU DO NOT.

Anyway, happy reading ;)

-Kallie 💕
-

I looked at Niall, sitting there with a blank expression on his face.

"You were out late." He remarked.

"I was out late?" I raised my eyebrows. "I didn't notice."

"You went out for drinks?" He asked lazily.

"Mhm." I nodded. "Although, I don't know if you've noticed Detective Horan, but I'm not drunk."

"Designated driver?"

"Was your car gone?"

"No." He looked up from his phone.

"So then how was I a designated driver?"

"Taxi?"

"Nope."

"Well then how the hell did you get home?" He raised his voice.

"Why don't you check your fucking voicemail?" I crossed my arms.

"What?" I saw him fiddle around on his phone and hold it up to his ear.

I watched as he listened to my voicemail. I saw something in his eyes change. It wasn't drastic, but it was there.

"Ophelia, where were you?" He asked harshly.

"I dunno." I shrugged. "You should've picked up your phone. Or were you too busy elsewhere?"

"Ophelia Carter, where did you go?" He stood up, looking over me with an angry presence.

"Why does it matter?" I gave him a challenging look.

"Tell me where you went." He stepped closer to me.

"Make me." I said quietly, not breaking eye contact with him.

"I'll fucking make you." He pressed me against the wall next to the closet.

"Try your best, asshole." I breathed heavily, pressing my hand against his chest.

His jaw clenched, his gaze burned deep into my soul. He wanted me. I knew it. He went to kiss me, but I pushed him away.

"What the fuck?" He frowned.

"Take your shirt off." I demanded.

"Why don't you do it?" He tried to counter.

"Do I have to do everything for you? Are you that incompetent?" I shook my head.

"Whatever." He reached for the back of his shirt and pulled it up over his head.

Meanwhile I reached in my bag while he wasn't looking. I pulled out the smooth silver cuffs. He didn't know what was coming. I stood up, keeping them behind my back. Niall looked at me like he wanted to destroy me. I'd never let him get the chance. I was doing the work here.