I Do

"I Do."
This was the last thing I heard from her.
"I Do."
The very words that sowed the seeds of hatred in me.
Hate. So much hate in this world.
This hate is why lost her.
One month ago, we were planning the perfect beach wedding. God, she loved the beach. That made me love it too.
We had the perfect weather for our wedding day, the family and friends gathered on the beach, her looking perfect in that wedding gown, our vows. We had everything.
Just until everything was lost.

As much as I try to forget, it's vivid in my mind.
"Do you, Riley Steven Thomson, take Amanda White as your lawfully wedded wife?"
I looked at her and knew that my love, my life everything was with her. I smiled and said, "I do."
"Do you, Amanda White take-"
Gunshots. Screams. Terrorists.
Everyone was running for life as the gunshots continued. We got swept away in that chaos.
And when I found her again, the growing crimson stain in her white wedding gown killed me, right there. I ran to catch her as she was falling down. I could see it in her eyes, the pain. I held back my tears for her sake. But in that moment, the faint words coming out from her lips broke the dam of tears.
"I Do."

Thats was the first terrorist attack of a series. Many people lost lives around the state, many properties damaged. I couldn't care less. I lost everything that day.

I know Amanda, that you would have wanted me to move on.
But I made a vow to you at our wedding.
"I promise to stand by you and hold onto you for as long as love prevails between us."

No matter how much I hate this world, there's a ton of love in my heart only for you.
I love you, Amanda White. Believe me, I do.