Chapter Seventeen

Hey everyone, I'm sorry for not updating for four days, I've been busy because I'm on vacation. This may sound less believable but I'm literally writing this on a beach because I've been feeling guilty for not updating regularly :') in any case, I'll be back to regular updates soon. Besides, there aren't many chapters left, I'll be wrapping this story up soon. Anyways, let's get into it because I have some angst to write lol
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
*Chaewon's POV*
I woke up next morning with a headache that I wished was caused by a simple hangover. The moment I woke up, my sight landed on the picture of me and Hyejoo that I had on the table beside my bed. I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed. But, I reminded myself that everything still wasn't completely sorted out and it might just have been a misunderstanding. I looked further to see Yeojin lying on her bed, still wearing the clothes from the party, which meant that she probably came home very late, so I tried my best to not wake her up as I was washing up.
Hyejoo had mentioned to me yesterday that she would be busy for the day because of the ongoing celebrations for their win and that she'd see me in the evening. So, i'd have to wait for a while before I could talk to her. As I was thinking about this, I heard my phone going off and I immediately realized who it would be.

"Hey, Chae, so you're already awake"- said Hyejoo over the phone, with a relatively sleepy voice.

"Yeah, I went to bed early. Why are you awake?"- I replied, trying to keep my tone as friendly as possible so that she wouldn't realize that there was something bothering me.

"I had to stay over at Heejin's and you know that I can't really sleep well when I'm not home. But, that doesn't really matter, are you sure everything was alright yesterday? It's not like you to leave so early"- again, I could hear the concern in her voice.

"Everything is fine, Hye, I promise. It's just that I was really tired, the game really took a lot of energy out of me. Besides, someone had to take Sooyoung home".

"Ugh, that idiot. I'll have to text her later, to find out if she's alive or not. Anyway, I'll see you later today, right?"-she asked.

"Of course, just call me when you're free".

"Alright then. I'll try to get out of bed now, maybe even check on Heejin and Hyunjin. They drank a lot too".

"Okay, I'll actually go visit Jinsol and Sooyoung too. Bye, Hye".

"Bye-Bye~"- after this we ended the call and I was convinced that she didn't sense anything wrong, which made me feel a little better. I wanted to confront her head first, without her getting all defensive beforehand.
After around fifteen minutes from our call, I got dressed and left the dorm and then headed to Jinsol and Sooyoung's room, hoping that at least one of them would be awake. Also, I was curious about whether or not Sooyoung remembered anything she said yesterday.
I arrived at their door and knocked, but didn't get an answer. I kept knocking until I heard someone groan and then heard slow steps coming towards the door. At last, it was opened by Jinsol, who didn't look too good.

"What the hell do you want, it's 9 in the morning"- she said to me with a raspy voice.

"It's literally 12:05 but go off I guess, you moron"- I said to her and showed her the time on my phone, which caused her eyes to widen.

"What the fuck- but our watch says-"

"Have you ever thought about the fact that our watch stopped over a year ago but none of us bothered to fix it?"- I heard Sooyoung's voice coming from the inside and got instantly worried. Does she remember what she said?

"Ugh. Fine. Come on in"- Jinsoul said and made way for me to walk into their room, which I immediately did. Sooyoung didn't look too good either, but I wasn't surprised, considering how drunk she actually was yesterday.