Chapter 2

Lunas perspective

Living at Jordan's was a lonely life. The boys were away most of the day at practice or other work stuff, enough said they were very busy. I had so far spend only a little bit of time with them, and barely never were all us 3 home at the same time. At first I thought it was a bit awkward when I was alone with Jack, but it had gotten better. Still a bit awkward but better. He was such a nice soul and funny, but it was so obvious that his mental state wasn't the best due to the breakup he had gone through. Neither of us had brought it up though, I figured that if it's gonna be an topic, Jack should be the one to bring it up. Besides, it wasn't really any of my business. We weren't close friends at all, it would just be weird if us two were to sit and talk personal stuff.

It was nice having the house for myself the first days, but it slowly started to become frustrating. My only company during the days were the cat that Jordan named Bob before he realized too late that it was actually a girl. I had done everything I could think of, cleaned the entire house since Jordan doesn't really have time for that stuff - and found stuff that I wish I never would've seen - I had also packed in all of my stuff, went grocery shopping and filled the entire refrigerator to the max, cuddled with bob endless of times, and now here I am, with Bob, again.

"Spin around, Bob!"

She sat on the floor in front of me, as I was laying on my stomach desperately trying to get her to spin around. She just tilted her head and let out an soft meow.

"No bob please, spin"

"You're aware of that it's a cat, and not a dog right?" The door slammed behind Jack as his deep voice made me jump of the floor embarrassed.

"Yes.. why?" I could tell my cheeks were bright red by now.

"Okay... just checking"

I awkwardly brushed off my clothes with my hands and walked around the kitchen unsure what to do. It was still an awkward silence every time me and Jack were alone. Don't get me wrong, I really liked him and always thought he was one of the most polite and nice guys of Jordan's many friends, but we had never really talked to each other for more than two minutes at a time, and he made me pretty nervous to be honest. His hair that usually was styled back with gel was now pulled back by a hairband, and had some hair sticking to his sweaty forehead, which revealed that he just got back from practice. The shorts he was wearing showed off his huge legs and calves which wasn't too bad to look at.

Bob sneaked away from me towards Jack to brush against his legs. To my surprise he flinched and took a step back and looked down at her with a disgusted face.

"Don't tell me Jack Grealish is afraid of cats" I chuckled with my arms crossed.

"Hey those things are proper dangerous!" He said to his defense. "Just look at this" he showed his arm that had a very very tiny scar from a scratch, which i could figure out was from a cat.

"Aw come on look how sweet she is!" I said as I rescued him from Bob by picking her up, which she didn't seem to like as she started flop around with her tiny legs and made it hard for me to not drop her right there on the floor.

Jack looked even more scared after my failed attempt to show Bob's nice side.

"Bob's a She?" He questioned.

"Well yeah I guess Jordan isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer" I said as I was forced to put Bob down when I felt her claw rip against my arm. I let out a small ouch and looked down at the drop of blood that was now rolling down my forearm. Jack looked at me with an "what did I just tell you" look in his face, and couldn't stop a little smile forming.