Chapter 10

~

"A-Alex?" I said. I couldn't believe that he was here. I never thought that I would see him again.
"Hello Tamara." he said in that ever-so-charming voice of his. He never ceased to take my breath away.
"W-what are you doing here?" I asked. I really wish that I would stop stuttering because I just sound like I'm extremely nervous.
Which is exactly what I am right now.
"I wanted to see you." he said. He still had that confident tone in his voice. It's amazing that socially awkward me is standing here with a guy who can charm a girl with his presence alone.
"You've got a lot of nerve to show up here saying that." I said.
I can't believe that I actually said that. Normally, I would immediately throw myself into his arms and start kissing him right now.
But I can't forget what he did to me. No matter how handsome or charming he is, what he did is still wrong. "Do I now?" he asked. I could tell that he was taking the charm level up a notch. But I wasn't going to fall for it.
"Yes!" I said, not letting my nervousness get the best of me. "You cheated on me, the woman that you married and made vows to. Then, you have the nerve to got out and break all of those. You make me sick."
"Really?" He asked ever-so-sweetly. "Because if I made you sick you would be throwing up right now."
That right there. Journal, I spent a while talking about how perfect Alexander Smith is. But I failed to mention that he has flaws like any other human being. One of these flaws that I failed to mention is that he has the brain the size of a walnut. Maybe even smaller. I tried to keep my cool in typical Tamara fashion and resisted a face palm right then and there. Because, let's admit it, that statement was very face palm worthy.
"Whatever." Was really the only response that I managed to muster.
That's when the most shocking thing happened. He suddenly grabbed me by the waist, picking me up and tossing me over his shoulder and closing the door behind him as he entered my house. I heard the cries of Brayden as Alex carried me to who-knows-where. I tried my best to kick and scream but his strength was too much for me to handle.
"What are you doing?" I demanded. "Put me down this instant!"
"Make me!" He said. I heard the sounds of my creaky old stairs. This couldn't be good. "Why are we going up the stairs?!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.
"You don't need to know." He said.
"Uh, yes I do." I said. "This is my house!"
"Well, maybe you shouldn't have let me in it then!" He said.
"I didn't let you in!" I snapped. "You let yourself in!"
Just then, I heard the screech of my rusty old door opening. After that, I was thrown on the bed. Normally, the softness of all the blankets on my bed would overwhelm me. Not this time though. I felt extremely helpless, something that I don't like feeling.
"Alex, you better tell me what's going on right now or I'm calling the cops!" I said. I always kept my phone in my pocket for safe-keeping, just in case I would need for emergencies.
Well, it goes without saying, this is an emergency.
"Oh, that won't be happening anytime soon." He said. That's when he reached into my pocket and grabbed my phone and threw it down the stairs.
"Why did you do that?" I asked when he returned, closing and locking the door in the process. You may be wondering why I didn't make a run for it. It's simple: one does not simply run away from Alexander Smith.
"You'll see in good time, Tamara." He said, taking something that looked like a glass bottle out of his pocket. "In the meantime, it's lights out for you."
That's when I felt a cold, thick liquid hit my lips and run down my throat.
It was indeed lights out for me after that.

PS: Alex, you made a huge mistake. This is going to make want I've been wanting to do for all these years a million times easier.