"I know that our friendship is quite rough when Beomgyu came into your life. We have different decisions, yet you still supported me. Unlike me, who became one of your hindrances, and I almost killed your boyfriend. I'm sorry for hurting you and him. I'm sorry for not taking time to understand your decisions." Kai said while looking at the setting sun. He knows that he can't do anything to change Yeonjun's will of sacrificing himself for happiness.

"I understand your intentions for doing all of it. Thank you for being a real friend to me, even if the day when we will separate will eventually come." Yeonjun never held a grudge against his best friend, who has pure intentions for him. He never expected that he will meet the younger brother of his friend who passed away.

"I guess I won't be alone because I will be reunited with my older sister." Kai misses his sister, and he smiled upon remembering his memories with Lea.

"I hope justice will be served for what the murderer has done to you and to Lea. If only I wasn't a fool, maybe I can do anything." Yeonjun's lips formed into a frown.

"Justice might take too long to happen, but I'm glad that it can still happen." Kai is now holding his tiny black notebook that is now glowing. He just got done collecting the last soul on his list earlier in the morning.

"Ah, it's about time. I hope that I can see you again, Yeonjun-hyung!" Kai flashes a genuine smile, and his watery eyes made Yeonjun feel sad for the thought of missing his best friend.

"I love you, and I hope you will be happy for the wherever destination that awaits you. Thank you, Kai!" Yeonjun hugged him for the last time while his other hand ruffled the young grim reaper's hair.

"Also, as a way of saying sorry to you and Beomgyu, I made sure that someone can still help you, even if I'm gone. He will come to help you and end this cycle of misery in this realm." Kai's eyes are filled with hope, and he is more than ready to face the afterlife. Despite missing his loved ones, he is assured enough that they can still live on without him.

Yeonjun can't think of anyone to who Kai is referring. Soobin is the only person who has connections to Kai, but he never interacted with him, so maybe it's not Soobin.

Kai is now fading as thin spots of dust surrounded him, and his notebook disappeared. Kai waved his hand, flashing his sweetest smile, and he disappeared. He could feel that Kai will be fine, but he will miss him a lot.

Yeonjun wiped the tears on the corner of his eyes, staring at the paper bag on the grassland filled with plushies that Kai left behind. The sun is completely gone as he left the place, feeling alone.

~~~

Beomgyu went home alone, as Soobin has something to do. He unlocked the gate when he noticed the red car in front of his house. He ignored it, thinking that it belongs to a visitor of his neighbor but, a tall, muscular guy wearing formal attire came out of the car, who came towards Beomgyu.

"Excuse me, my lady wants to talk with you, young man." His deep voice was familiar to Beomgyu's hearing.