"You ate the flower bouquet Lord Morax picked for Lord Guizhong" Bonanus revealed.

"I- what?!" Alatus' golden feline eyes widened. He clears his throat in embarrassment when his voice accidentally came out loud and hoarse.

"We were horrified! You ate the qixings which are Lord Guizhong's favorite flower and Lord Morax looked unhappy
about it" Bosacius nods. Shivers of fear and embarrassment trickles down Alatus' spine. Is he done for? Will he meet retribution? How can he face Lord Morax, his savior, and his god after his disgraceful act?!

"Calm down Alatus. Lady Guizhong laughed it off then Lord Morax smiled so you're good" Indarias pats the horrified Yaksha's back. Alatus exhales loudly in relief before glaring at the two noisy Yaksha who began to tease him. Though silent, Menogias smiles to herself finding the accident funny.

A robotic voice jolts Xiao out of his memories. He barely dodged the ruin guard's sharp hands zooming towards him.

"Lament!" Xiao growled, green and black aura surrounds him as the wind grows heavy with curse and karmic binds. He fearlessly jumps, as high as a tree before plunging. His mask disappears as he lands, eyes hard and unforgiving at the dead machinery.

'I shouldn't dwell on it anymore. I have a duty and a nation to protect' Xiao closes his eyes in agony. He covers his bleeding side with his gloved hand.

——

"What are you doing here?" Xiao narrows his eyes at the bard. Venti waves goodbye to the kind inn owner before skipping and beaming at Xiao.

"Good afternoon! How are you, Xiao?" Venti greets but his huge smile falters a bit when he notices something strange with Xiao. "Why are you covering your-"

"It's nothing" Xiao moves away to stop Venti from seeing his wound. "I'm sorry Barb- Venti for the rude interruption" The adeptus clears his throat and changes his word fast when he remembered that Verr Godlet was within ears range.

"Yeah no worries. We should be worried about that! What happened to you?!" Venti reprimands pointing at Xiao's gloves drenched with blood. "Is that your blood?"

"It's a metachurl's. If you're not going to deliver something important then please leave" Xiao sternly replied.

"I promised to play you the lyre. Remember? So that's why I'm here" Venti summons his instrument, clutching it against his chest. "But before that, let's clean your glove first-"

"No need. Leave and don't waste your time." Xiao walks ahead, careful to hide his injury without sparing the pouting bard a glance.

——

Xiao stares helplessly at his bleeding wound. He has been like this ever-since he entered his room, about 15 minutes ago. Xiao's back straightens, eyes darting to the noisy lock of his room door.

Venti opens the door and enters the room uninvited. Xiao looks shock for a second before his poker face returns.

"How did you unlock my door?" The adeptus asked, suspiciously eyeing the laughing archon. Xiao sighs when he sees the silver key identical to the one in his pocket.

"The kind inn owner gave it to me"

"Why'd she give it to you? I told her not to give my key to anyone..." Xiao narrowed his eyes.