Chapter Five - Something I Don't Know

"Ms. Risa, I had our driver safely sent our guest back to the hotel."

"Thank you for your hard work today as well, Kei."

Kei bows slightly.

"I'll take my leave then."

He leaves my office while I sit back at my chair.

Today's meeting ended earlier than I expected. I open my desk's drawer and take out an envelope. It's an invitation from my high school best friend, for her hotel's grand opening ceremony. She got engaged last year to a famous hotelier in Japan. Since then, she's been helping him expanding the business.

It has been ages since I last saw her so I decide to go and visit her. I stop at the valet when arrive at her hotel building as per her many other guests. As soon as I step inside, I can hear her calling my name.

"Risa?!"

She rushes through the crowds and hugs me when I walk up to her.

"I'm so happy to see you. Have you been well? I heard your company is doing great."

She still is the same since we were in high school.

"Congratulation on your hotel's grand opening. Miwa."

"Eww. Stop with the formalities, let's go."

She takes me to hotel's bar and sit at the bartender's.

"How are you, Miwa? I'm sorry I haven't been able to meet up with you."

"I'm great. I know you're busy since taking over the business. How is Senju doing?"

"He's doing fine. He's been making friends and do the things he likes."

"Ah. He must be so grown up now. I miss that cutie pie."

I laugh. She always refers him as cutie pie. I remember Senju hates it when she called him that.

She suddenly looks at me with a kind expression on her face.

"You did so well, Risa. Your parents will be so proud of you if they're still around."

She pats my back gently.

"Aww...thanks, Miwa."

We chat for a while regarding her latest hotel construction and business.

"So tell me. Did you get yourself a boyfriend?"

She smiles again, now looking curiously at me when it comes to the topic she interested the most.

"How're you and your fiancé? Have you guys decided when to get married?"

I ask her instead.

"We're fine. We're still young so marriage is still out of the picture."

She waves her hand.

"But I'm asking you. So stop changing the topic and just tell me honestly."

She's poking my cheek with her finger, making me chuckle.

"No but-"

"Tell me, tell me."

She's getting excited so she moves her chair closer to mine.

"I have these two-"

"Two?! Wow I'm impressed."

Now it's my turn pinching her cheeks.

"Stop it, Miwa. I haven't finish talking."

She's rubbing her cheeks while grinning.

"Okay, okay. Let's hear it."