Chapter 22 - Raising Red Flags

~Izuku's Perspective~

I woke to the smell of antiseptic...

And was immediately plunged into a brutal panic attack as flashbacks consumed everything.

My breathing sped up as I watched the needle enter my arm. The doctor pushed the plunger down and the liquid entered my tensed and restrained arm. Fire began to burn through my veins and I heard myself scream. My body arched up against the restraints, my wrists stinging as the restraints cut into them and blood started dripping down the sides of my wrists. 

~~~~~

"Don't worry, little Izuku~! I'll fix you up. It'll hurt, but it will all be worth it!"

"No! Please! Please no!"  I cried desperately. I begged and screamed and cried. Even though I couldn't see at the moment, my eyes too damaged from Sensei's latest training session, but being blind for the rest of my life felt preferable to letting the doctor heal me. He didn't care though and I found myself screaming in agony, wishing I would pass out. Though, death didn't seem so bad of an option.

I gasped as I returned to reality, then immediately flinched back when I felt someone near me.

"Dearie?" a small feminine voice called gently, but urgently. "You're alright. You're in the UA infirmary. You passed out after you saved a girl in the practical exam."

I forced my eyes open as I struggled to push myself up into a sitting position.

"Take it easy, dearie. You took some nasty hits and my quirk uses your own energy and stamina to heal you."

"You... You're Recovery Girl." I forced out as I eyed her. She gave me a small smile and nodded.

"That I am. You must really know you're heroes, little one." she said. I stiffened at the name and Recovery Girl frowned. The frown disappeared almost as soon as it had appeared and was replaced with a small, gentle smile. "What's your name, dearie?" Recovery Girl asked as she walked to a nearby desk and sat down. She shook the mouse on the desk to bring the screen to life. She looked over at me when I didn't respond.

"Why do you need my name?" I finally asked.

"I need to know which application to access. I need to contact your guardian and let them know that they'll need to come pick you up, or that you'll be late if they can't come get you."

"Itamie Nashio." I said quietly. She nodded and turned back to her computer screen. I decide to take the opportunity to look around the room.

It was pretty plain. The walls were a clean white stone that was marred only by the occasional informational poster or pamphlet. The were a few beds spaced out along the wall. Thankfully, I was in the bed closest to the decently sized windows on the opposite wall of the door. A good escape route if the need arose. On the wall opposite the beds, and just a few feet away from the door, Recovery Girl's desk was placed so that the the person sitting at it would be facing the door. The desk didn't have much on it besides a pencil holder with a few pens and pencils and a pair of scissors; a small stack of post-it-notes; a disposable plastic water bottle; and a picture frame. I couldn't see what was in the frame because the picture was turned towards Recovery Girl and away from me. Recovery Girl's chair was the height of the desk, but that meant that her feet didn't touch the ground. Behind Recovery Girl's desk and chair was another door, and past that a counter and cabinets lined the wall.

"There isn't anything listed here, dearie, but I just wanted to check. Any allergies?" Recovery Girl asked as she turned to face me. My eyes snapped to her face before I slowly shook my head. "Alright. I'll get you some gummies and painkillers." she said as she hopped down from her desk chair and walked to one of the bottom cabinets. She pulled out two bottles, one small and one larger. "Would you mind giving me the name of your guardian? It appears that the name portion of their contact information was missed. It's nothing too serious, but it is helpful to make certain that I have the right number." Recovery Girl said as she pulled two red pills out of the small bottle and two green gummies out of the larger bottle.