"That's cheating. Now I will not believe you. I am not talking to you. Katti! (a way of saying we are no longer friends)" he bursts out laughing when I look down embarrassed at my childishness.

"Katti? What are we, kids?" I show him my tongue and turn my face around. I can still hear him chuckling. He is so bad, I am sure he must be enjoying his maggi while I am here hungry. I can almost feel tears rolling down my face when I feel someone sit across me. I don't turn to look at who it is but wipe my cheeks. I don't even know why I am crying.

"Myra, are you really crying? Oh my God! I am sorry. I was just joking. See I have saved some for you." He says hurriedly.

"I don't want to eat now. Go away!" I speak.

Second later, I feel something touching my lips and I turn to see Arjun extending the fork to my mouth. Being hungry, I open my mouth to gulp down the food. Arjun starts feeding me after blowing on the fork, making sure not to burn my mouth and once I am done, he finishes off the rest, which isn't much.

"Are you still angry?"

"Yes, you made me cry. I will tell dad." I threaten him.

"Myra, I said I am sorry, I was just joking. I didn't know you will cry that too for food." I squint my eyes at him.

"So, you are making this all my fault now?"

"What! No." He literally screams making me close my ears.

"Okay, how about I buy you whatever you want, and we forget this happened?"

"You will get me whatever I want? I raise my eyes at him."

"Whatever you want." I give him a toothy smile and bob my head up and down.

We are done with boating, and we make our way towards the market. We go around the streets roaming and entering small shops selling locally produced goods. We look around and I see a few pashmina shawls and decide to get it for mom and I while I get scarfs for my dad, dad and even Arjun. I have sent Arjun to get me some water because I knew he wouldn't allow me to pay if he saw me buying these. Making the purchases, I move outside and see a shop selling oxidized jewelry and make my way towards it.

My gaze stops at a pair of jhumkas (earrings) and I am so in love with them. I ask the shopkeeper for it price.

"Those are for three thousand rupees."

"What! Why so expensive? Tell me at what price will you give them to me?"

"Ummm... Give me twenty-eight hundred."

"No, not more than fifteen hundred."

"Bibi (Miss), fifteen hundred is too less. Not lesser than twenty-five hundred."

"Leave it then." Saying this I turn around and come face to face with Arjun.

"Why did you leave that shop? I was looking for you."

"I am sorry Arjun, I didn't realize I came here." I give him a sheepish look.

"Here, I got water for you." He passes me the bottle and I drink before giving it back to him.

*From where did you buy these?" He asked eyeing the bags in my hands.

"From the shops? Duhhh."

"Payment?"

"They accept money Arjun. Why are you asking such senseless questions? Come, lets go. It soon gonna be dark."

"You know what I want to know, and you are avoiding it."