Chapter 8

Samyra's POV:

"Oh my god! This is so pretty. If only I could live here." I look around in awe at the vast stretched lake, the mountains around.

"I think you should settle down quietly or because of you the shikara might topple, making us all fall in this freezing water. We wouldn't want that now, would we?"

"Yes, dad! You are no fun." I poke my tongue at the idiot husband of mine before sitting down and letting a huff out in anger which came out as fog due to our wintry surroundings.

So, we are currently in Kashmir. After another month when dad was too much on our case, we finally decided to plan some trip. Since we had to go for a short trip, we decided why not come here and get some relief from the scorching heat and look at the place called heaven on earth, and it truly does justice to its name. The place is so beautiful and so quiet and calm. Currently we are on a shikara in Dal Lake where my stupid husband isn't allowing me to enjoy.

"Arjun, I am hungry." I turn to him pouting.

"Oh, we are talking now?" He raises his eyes.

"Don't be childish." I complain.

"Look who's speaking."

"You don't want to talk, alright I won't talk to you now." I show him my tongue before turning my face to the other side again.

"This girl is gonna make me crazy." He mumbles lowly but loud enough that I heard it.

"I heard that."

"It was meant to be heard."

"Hawww...meany."

I am sitting when I hear Arjun talk to someone, and soon I can smell hot and spicy maggie. I turn my head towards Arjun and see him holding a plate of yummiest noodles ever, that too served hot in this freezing weather. I can feel my mouth salivating and I can assure you I had hearts in my eyes seeing the plate.

I forward my hand towards Arjun, eager to get my hand on some of that deliciousness.

"Oh, you weren't talking to me a few minutes back, right?"

"I am still not, but I am hungry and as a husband it's your duty to feed your wife."

"Oh, but if my so-called wife is angry on me, why should I allow her to eat from my portion of food?"

"Hasn't dad taught you, sharing is caring?"

"But that's when the other person is talking to me, not when they are giving me an attitude." He gives me a wink before taking a bite and closing his eyes clearly enjoying the food.

"Arjun, I am hungry please allow me to eat. How about we put aside our fight for the time being and once done with food we fight again?" I suggest.

"No." My face falls hearing his rejection, but he continues.

"How about we end this fight and as a truce we enjoy this maggi?"

"Really? You'll do that? Thank you, thank you, thank you." I almost hugged him, without realising where we were, due to my bubbling excitement.

I rub my hands together before moving closer to Arjun to take a bite from his plate but before I can pick the fork, he took it.

"Why is there only one fork?"

"Even the vendor thought only I will eat that is why." He smirked. I keep my mouth shut because it my stomach's question. I need to satisfy my hunger and so I can't fight with him now.

"How will I eat then?" He picked some noodles in his fork and forwarded it near my mouth. Greedily, I open my mouth and before I could close it and devour the taste, he retreated his hand and ate it.