the biggest burden

Start from the beginning

"You invited me out, Shouldn't you be here before me?"

Y/N pressed the back of her hand against her forehead, "Forgive me, Prince Katsuki of the Bakugou! I should've been here earlier to escort you!"

Gently slapping the back of your head, he let out an irritated huff as he followed you out the door. The sun was still in the sky as he watched her run through the grass. 

"Where are we even going?"

"You'll see!" a small dimple sat on the left side of her face, signifying just how hard she was smiling since it had never been there before. Bakugou would've noticed it.

Y/N grabbed his hand and pulled him forward. Bakugou's eyes widened as he felt sparks shoot up the point of contact. His heartbeat sped up, and his neck felt uncomfortably warm. How has he only realized this feeling now? 

"Katsuki?" Y/N turned around once she realizes his speed decreasing. He gave a sharp inhale. Even the way his name casually flowed out of her mouth was pretty.

"Are... you okay?" she asked uncertainly, placing a hand on his forehead. Her voice was sweet and melodic, with just a hint of worry. 

Pushing her hand away, he looked down at the grass, "Are we gonna leave or not?"

"Oh. Sure."

-

Bursting into the karaoke studio, Y/N slapped the two tickets on the counter before searching the place for her purple-haired friend. 

"KYOUKA MY LOVE! WHERE MIGHT YOU BE?"

An exciting head of yellow hair popped out of a private room, "OVER HERE!"

"You're not Jirou."

"YEAH BUT SHE'S HERE!"

Y/N dragged the ash-blond into the booth.

"Hey, Bakugou! Glad you could make it!"

"I wouldn't have come if Y/N specified what we were going to do."

Denki slapped his shoulder, a smug grin making its way onto his lips, "Yeah, but you were tempted by the thought of spending time with her, right? See, you've been hanging around her an awful lot. Is there something you're not telling the class?"

"Nope. I guarantee you, Kami, if we were a thing, Jirou would be the first to know and we all know she can't keep her mouth shut when it comes to you," Y/N dragged the enthusiastic boy away before Bakugou could full-on brawl with him. 

A tall waitress peeked her head into the room, "Hey guys! I've brought the takoyaki you've requested!"

Denki accepted the pan and shouted words of thanks. Stealing a piece, he popped it into his mouth and chewed thoughtfully, "So, who wants to go first?"

Jirou and Y/N both raised their hands high, nearly toppling off their seats. Denki bowed deeply to the two girls before handing them both microphones. Y/N shoved a takoyaki ball into her mouth and swallowed quickly, "Mm, what song, love?"

The usually solemn girl had a huge grin on her face as she tapped the screen. Her features perked when she finally found a song. The moment the beat started, Y/N jumped up and held the microphone to her lips. 

"CEO ENTREPRENEUR! BORN IN 1964, JEFFREY! JEFFREY BEZOS!!" she screamed into the mic, her eyes glittering with humor. Jirou caught the next line, belting just as loud. Bakugou and Kaminari just stared incredulously at the two girls, confusion apparent in their expressions. 

"COME ON JEFFREY, YOU CAN DO IT! PAVE THE WAY PUT YOUR BACK INTO IT!" Jirou shouted, shimmying up against Y/N. 

"TELL US WHY, SHOW US HOW, LOOK AT WHERE YOU CAME FROM LOOK AT YOU NOW!"