She had opened her window earlier to let in some fresh air and she pat herself on the back for not closing it when it got a little too cold.

"Have you spoken to the Alpha of the Blue River Pack yet?" Tamsyn asked.

"No, he's been avoiding me. I'll be seeing him soon if he doesn't pick up."

"You have bags under your eyes Mason. Haven't you been sleeping well?"

"How can I when there's so many things to do?"

"You need to have a bit of a break. I know things are chaotic but there are times that you need to just let yourself be first."

Angelina found herself nodding. She still didn't know where to place Tamsyn in her lists of people she had drawn up mentally. There were lots of categories she created. Tamsyn sat firmly in the still-trying-to-figure-out category. Even if she was still unsure about the woman, she agreed with her words wholeheartedly.

She knew Alphas could overwhelm themselves easily if they didn't maintain a good life balance.

She tried to get a closer look at Mason. He did look a little like a walking zombie and there were dark circles beneath his eyes. She narrowed her gaze accusingly. She wanted to shake him and demand why he looked so damn tired.

"You need sleep." Tamsyn said tenderly. Affectionately.

The woman stepped close to him, pulling the man into a tight hug. Mason eased into the embrace, patting her head. The moved spoke of familiarity.

Angelina pursed her lips. "Now that looks cosy." She watched for another second before she closed the curtains and flopped onto her bed, sighing.

She shouldn't feel so personally invested in Mason's wellbeing but she couldn't help herself. In fact, she wanted to be the one to offer him that hug but she wasn't convinced that Mason wouldn't shove her away if she tried to lay her arms around him. He'd probably think she wanted to choke him.

She closed her eyes, listening to nothing but the chirping birds outside her window. She discovered that a Robin had made a nest in one of the outstretched branches. The only reason she hadn't noticed it at first was because it had be quiet until her eggs hatched. There were three baby birds chirping, fighting for a piece of worm the mother dangled to their open beaks.

"Cute aren't they?"

Angelina jolted from the bed, surprised to see May peering down at her with a cute grin.

"How did you get in here?" Angelina eyed her door that was still closed. Surely, she would've heard May come in. She couldn't have been so off with her surroundings, she failed to hear the little girl enter the room on mute feet.

"Secret." The girl grinned wider, showing the two missing teeth in front, making her look more than charming. She wanted to pinch her cheeks.

Angelina scanned the room critically. She wouldn't put it behind Mason to place her in a room where there was a hidden door concealed away so that they could get easy access to her if something was to happen.

"He's sorry you know." May flopped beside her, landing on her back.

"Who?" Angelina warily sprawled out beside the girl, stretching on the bed. She didn't know why she wasn't kicking the kid out. She was adorable and she was talking to Angelina like she was a friend.

"Casper. He's...lost."

Angelina pondered the little girl's words. She didn't know Casper all too well but it was clear May worshipped her older brother.