"HYDRA doesn't like leaks." Sitwell tells the group.

"So why don't you try sticking a cork in it." Sam tells him a bit annoyed.

"Insight's launching in sixteen hours, we're cutting it a little bit close here." Natasha says leaning forward to talk directly to Steve.

"I know. We'll use him to bypass the DNA scans and access the Helicarriers directly." Steve explains

"What?! Are you crazy? That is a terrible, terrible idea-" Sitwell began to argue but  thud on roof of the moving car made him stop. Then metal arm reaches through the window, breaking it, and grabs Sitwell throwing him out of the car.

Asta let out a small scream of surprise, not expecting something like that to happen. "What the hell was that!?" she questions, but no one answers.

"Shield yourself!" Natasha tells the blonde as she moves to the front, sitting on Steve's lap.

Asta does so right as shots go into the back seats, before two more try and hit Steve and Sam, but miss. Steve was quick to pull the hand break, tossing the metal armed man off of their car. He slid on the road not to far from where the car had stopped. "What do we do?" Asta questions, dropping her shield as she watches the man stand up. 

"Get out of here." Steve demands of the blonde, looking back to her as Natasha grabs her gun.

"And go where?" Asta counter questions.

"Under the bridge, if I don't meet you in five. Rendezvous three. Got it." Natasha instructed as she turns to aim at the masked man.

"Got it." Asta replies quickly, practically teleporting away.

An armored car hits the back of the car the others were still in causing Natasha to drop her gun before she could shoot. "When did you two get so close?" Steve questions as the car approaches the man known as the Winter Soldier.

"Oh you know, had some girl time." Natasha response as the Winter Soldier jumps back onto the car. She goes to reach for her dropped gun, as Sam slams on the breaks to try and stop them from being pushed into traffic more.

But the Winter Soldier breaks through the windshield and grabs the steering wheel, ripping it out of the car. "Shit!" Sam says in shock. Natasha was able to grab her gun and begin to shoot at the man that was on the roof.

The car begins to swerve around without the steering wheel, allowing the car behind them to hit them at an angle making them more unstable. They hit the freeway wall causing them to move sideways. Steve uses his shield against his door, "Hang on!" He tells the two, having Natasha hold onto him whilst grabbing Sam. As the Car began to flip, Steve breaks his door allowing the three of them to fall out of the car.

________________

Asta stood anxiously waiting, as she could hear metal scrapping from the bridge above. It had only been maybe a minute or two since they made her leave the car, but she felt guilty for leaving. But she didn't have much time to dwell on that as Steve came flying from the top of the bridge into a bus, and a Truck hit the bus. "So much for the Rendezvous." she mumbles to herself as she hears shooting from above.

From behind she hears a crash and a grappling hook. Turning around she sees Natasha landing and running to where she was. "Glad to see your fine." she tells her friend as she slows to her side.

"Can't get rid of me that easily." the red head replies, before looking over to the other side of the bridge.

Asta follows her gaze and sees the shadows from the people on the bridge. "They're waiting." she says looking back to her friend.

Natasha nods, "Ready to ambush?" she questions, looking to her.

"Always." she replies, using her magic to conjure up a gun that Natasha had given her when she was training with her before she went to help Sif with S.H.I.E.L.D.

Natasha gives her a smirk before walking over to stand barely past the bridge, Asta following her, the two aiming up, and begin to take the masked Winter Solider off guard. The second he ducked for cover the two girls took off running for better ground cover.

Asta may not be a spy like Natasha, but she is a quick learner. The few months she spent with Natasha, she learned more about Midgard; weapons, movies, and pop culture. She even helped the princess practice her magic to get use to defending against their weapons better.

The two had moved over to the be covered by a vehicle. Natasha taking lead the second the Winter Solider came up to shoot below the bridge she shot at him. he was quick to adjust and shoot to where the two were covered, soon the other men who were with him shot at where the girls where.

"We need to back up." Asta says earning a nod and the two girls retreat. Asta stayed in pace with Natasha as they ran.

"We need to split up." Natasha tells her after looking over her shoulder.

"Don't make me regret this." Asta reluctantly agrees, as they split.

Asta took a second to breath once she rounded a corner. She wasn't sure what Natasha's plan was but splitting up didn't sit right with her.

______________

1522 words

Hope you enjoy running into the Winter Soldier.

Vote

Comment

Share

Lots of Luv~ snowflake