CHAPTER 42 - A TIME TO SPEAK

Start from the beginning

"Not enough but we can share" said Amy as she collected Chase's blunt and took a drag. Beside us Matt and chase were puffing out smoke as well.

"You smoke?" I asked Matt.

He shrugged. "I don't smoke, but I can"

Sam chuckled at Matt's come-back and took a drag of his. He held out the blunt to Violet who shook her head profusely.

"You know I had a youtube conversation on the dangers of smoking marijuana just last week. Do you know how injurious to your health and addictive that can be...I'm not taking that stuff" she said firmly.

Sam smiled mischievously. "fair enough" he said and handed it to me.

I looked at the glowing tip of the blunt and for some reason my mouth felt dry and my heart beat a little faster. I didn't even smoke much weed back in the ring. We used to do more of pills than smoke. The goal was to get high after all, and we did.

I must have looked at it too long because Violet nudged me.

"No, thanks" I said. Thank God my voice didn't sound as weak as I felt.

Sam nodded. "you got a YouTube channel too?" he asked and there were chuckles from everyone except me and violet.

Chase spoke. "it's not that deep really. Look around you. Were at a fucking bonfire. No one cares"

"Exactly. Some states have legalized it already" Amy supported. "It's not that big a deal."

"Well, it should be" Violet said. "That thing in between your fingers has destroyed many lives, separated families, killed dreams. That's why I have my weekly talks on YouTube about social vices such as these. Speaking of which.." she looked at her watch and gasped. "I should have started my life ten minutes ago"

She hurriedly pulled out her phone from her pocket and unlocked it. "I totally forgot. My followers will kill me"

Matt shook his head. "just tell them you're at a bon-fire"

"yeah I'd do that. Let me just go live first" she said and stretched out her hand to capture her face.

"hello lovelies. I am so so sorry I'm logging in late. Things are crazy right here. It's our school bon-fire night, you can hear the music right...yeah... it's loud and crazy here, so I may not be able to do the live. I just wanted to say I'm sorry for not telling you earlier.."

She paused and squinted at the phone. "am I having fun? Oh yes, absolutely. I'm with my friends here, and you know there's lots of dancing...and music...and fire..." She turned the phone around to capture the people dancing in the distance"

"You're rambling" I whispered to her.

'I thought you're saying goodbye" matt added with raised hands.

Violet nodded "yeah...so this is where I say good night.." she squinted at the screen. "when are we having the next session? Oh, that will be next week, definitely next week. I won't miss it for the world. Again so sorry.." she squinted at the phone again "what do I think about the murdered girls? Ughm, we won't be discussing topics tonight but I will hit you up same time same channel next week. Thanks so much for joining, and don't forget to hit the subscribe button. Byeee"