Chapter 15: A mother's wrath

"Oh god..."

"Just take it slow Aaron. No need to rush."

Aaron right now can be found lying down while leaning over the edge of the cave as he nearly pukes out down to the abyss below.

"Aaron brother? How are you feeling right now?"

Ori only received a pained groan in response as Aaron slowly takes his flask from his bag to take a sip of refreshing water, desperately trying to null nausea. This had been going on for quite a while now, Aaron seemingly would be taking forever to recover from the wind tunnel ride he took recently. Suddenly, he felt as though he is recovering a bit faster than normal despite a small sting to his head as a tiny voice spoke in annoyance.

'This is taking forever, allow me to speed this up a bit.'

'Tatsu, you're the best.'

Slowly getting up, Aaron regained his footing as he looks down to Ori who stares into his eyes in askance.

"I think...we are good for now."

Ori could only sigh in relief.

"Ok, but be careful Aaron. I don't want to see you getting hurt!"

"No worries Ori, it's gonna take more than some nausea to get me down."

Somewhat satisfied with Aaron's answer, Sein takes lead of the group and guided them deeper into the cave.

'But I also don't want to see you getting hurt too Ori.'

And so, they venture deeper into the cave, seeking out the exit so they can go and restore the final element to restore Nibel to its former glory. However...as all adventure goes...something always goes wrong...

Horribly wrong...

"Aaron..."

"Yes Ori..."

"Are we in where I think we are...?"

"I wish I could say otherwise..."

In front of them, they found a collection of dead grass and leaves littered all over the cave floor in an orderly fashion. This cave is a nest. This is a cave that belongs to something...or rather...someone.

Aaron would have laughed at the seemingly irony of the situation if it were not for the fact of how terrified he is right now.

This cave belongs to Kuro.

And she will NOT be happy to find those she is hunting are currently trespassing in her domain.

"F*** this! We are NOT staying here! We are leaving! Now!"

Aaron quickly stormed ahead towards the exit of the cave, just ahead of the nest made by the Demon owl Aaron likes to call her.

'Because that's what she is...'

It still baffles Aaron how someone like Kuro could be so...heartless...only a monster would have committed such an act of genocide to a peaceful race of the forest that are practically Guardians! Humanity may have their darkest moments, but most of these cases were not without reason nor motivation!

'So, what's Kuro's reason then...?'

Aaron reached the exit of the cave and peered down. They are so high up that it is rather difficult to see what is down in the mist below. Thankfully however, they do have gliders to help them get down before Kuro gets back (wherever she is).