Chapter 14: The inventors' legacy

"WOO! What a rush!" Aaron said as he landed after gliding down to the bottom of the valley.

He always heard about the excitement and the thrill people felt whenever they bungee jump or freefalling after jumping off a plane. Aaron never thought he would understand it considering such activities are off-limits back at home, but now? He understood perfectly.

"S***! That was fun! What do you think Ori?"

...

"Ori...?"

Aaron then felt something land on this head gently as a purple feather covers his vision.

"I'm right here!"

"...Yeah, I should have seen that coming." Aaron replies as he gently took Ori off his head.

"You have a thing for hitchhiking don't ya?"

Ori just giggles and nuzzles Aaron's cheek with affection.

'You are just too precious Ori...' Aaron thought, remembering Sein's warnings of his impending demise.

A yelp can be heard as an explosive lob implodes near them, narrowly missing them.

Aaron turns in shock to see a decay frog as its eyes widen with shock as it trembles in fear as Aaron slowly glares in anger. It starts to run, hopping as fast as it could to get away from what could be its pursuer. Suddenly, it felt something latched onto his back as he was lifted into the air as it screams in terror as it comes face to face with its captor.

"Give me one god damn reason...why I shouldn't kill you."

The decayed could only scream in terror as it shook its head.

"Not good enough." Aaron said, dropkicking it like a football into a nearby pond. It screams in terror as it splashes into the pond.

"Aaron! Don't you think that was a bit too harsh?"

"What? I seen you bash birds into a god damn tree, I don't see why you think I'm being too harsh."

"At least I don't terrify them!"

"Hey! As long as the term 'leave us alone' gets to them, I'm happy! Besides, I didn't kill it."

Bubbles can be seen bumbling to the surface of the pond.

"Ok...I MAY have killed it."

Purple spectral flames emit from the pond.

"Ok yeah... killed it, I definitely killed it."

"Aaron..."

And so, the trio ventures deeper into a valley where they would find a clearing through a passage that leads to a cold environment. The Forrest that was once lush and green... now drenched with ice and snow. Aaron could only shudder as he quickly puts on his winter coat along with his wooden chest plate armour, shielding him from the bitter cold. Aaron quickly glances at Ori to see that she does not seem to be bothered by the cold that much at all.

"How are you not freezing to death?? It's bloody COLD here!"

Ori just blankly stares at Aaron as she gestured to herself, emphasizing that she is a spirit after all.

"...of course that's bloody why...I will never get used that..." Aaron could only grunt in frustration at his misfortune, as he struggles to keep warm.

"Let's just get moving, the sooner we restore the wind element, the better we can get out of this hellhole."

"Indeed, let's get moving." Sein agrees.