Chapter 2: Into the glades

AN: Fixed the error in Sein's name as pointed out by one of my readers. Thank you so much!

"Hey... umm where are you taking me?"

He then finds himself being dragged deeper into the glades, as the creature drags him along by pulling him by holding his hand. It... she (He assumes that it is a girl judging by the feminine tone of its voice) seems to want him to come along to whatever journey she has in mind.

'I don't have any ideas of what to do to get home. Might as well tag along.'

He guesses that she wants to go to that mysterious tree that saved her life. He then climbs up on a large tree stump and ran and jump with the creature to the huge mushroom platforms that can hold their weight. They both jumped up a ledge to see some purple ball of spikes blocking their path.

'Too bad I don't have anything that could help, I wouldn't even go near that thing anyway, looks poisonous' he thought.

He then sees a platform that leads to a different path to the glades and he calls the creature to grab her attention about his findings.

"Look there, think that's our only way for now."

She does not seem to understand what he said, but she seems to understand his gestures...more or less. She then spoke in response, but what came out seems to be nothing but gibberish at first glance, but he can tell that it is a language.

They both jump down to the wooden platform and deeper into the misty glades. He then comes across a small wooden plank that leads off straight down to the tunnel below into the caverns. It's quite a fall, so he went to grab a nearby vine, cut it off using a knife to use as a rope to climb down. He then ties it to the wooden platform at the base of the ledge and carefully made his way down. When he reaches the ground.

"Ok little guy! Now I need you to- GAH!!" as he turns around to call for the small creature, a white blur pelts him to the ground. Recovering, he looks up to see the white creature, looking at him with an innocent grin with a mischievous giggle.

"You cheeky little bastard..." he pouts but laughs with her.

He then got up and set her down and continue onwards, encountering a purple lake with logs floating on the surface of the water. Convenient for his little companion, but ultimately useless for him.

The creature then runs and jumps on each log in the pond with some rather impressive gymnastics, almost as if she is showing off. He... on the other hand, must swim through it. He then carefully tests the waters to see if they are not acidic and then swims right through after confirming it's safe.

Thankfully, since the bag is completely waterproof, he does not have to worry about its contents being ruined. The creature shrieks in worry about her friend's well-being but is relieved to see that him unaffected by the water.

They continued forward to find debris of rocks blocking their way. He checks to see if it is possible to push it over or to loosen it to find no such luck. Then suddenly something came crashing through behind them, to find an armored rhino-like monster charging in! And it is heading straight for them!

He grabs the small creature and holds her close to him as he and threw themselves out of harm's way as the rhino crashes through the debris. The rhino, stunned from the impact, looks up to see a large rock ledged off from the ceiling and crashes on it, killing it. He and the white creature took a breather from the sudden encounter and slowly recovers, getting up in the process.

The creature gasps in horror at the sight of the dead rhino and cried. He guesses that she is not used to the concept of death yet, so he picks her up and consoles her, it is still difficult to talk to her, but she pushes her head in his chest, taking in comfort. The rhino's corpse then slowly evaporates in purple like flames until there was nothing there. Why did that happen? This forest is very strange indeed.